Thursday 3 January 2008

Criss-cross gift card

Well, Happy New Year everyone & best wishes for 2008! 2007 was a great year for me, as it brought so many lovely people and opportunities into my life, so I can't wait to see what's in store for this year. Anyway, time for a new project.


I've wanted to try making a criss-cross card for ages and finally made this one as gift card (Hi Nette). I really like the criss-cross design as the insert can be used in lots of ways – for a greeting, with a photo, a store gift card, or as a gift certificate.

This was a perfect opportunity to use some of my new and delicious 'chocolat' designer series paper from the Summer Mini Catalogue. The paper coordinates beautifully with the chocolate chip card and chocolate grosgrain ribbon. I included 2 inserts with the card; each has a chocolate chip base & is covered on one side with more 'chocolat' paper. I also added tabs (using the tab punch from the Summer Mini) to make the inserts easy to pull out. The second pic shows the back of the card and inserts, one of which is a gift certificate for Stampin' Up!® goodies from me. I can make up certificates in any amounts, so if you'd like to purchase one for a lucky person, just e-mail me for more information.

If you'd like to try making your own criss-cross card, the instructions are available from Splitcoast here. Note: I modified the measurements slightly to better suit Australian A4 card. Alternatively, I'd be happy to run a workshop for a group to make the card with you too. Just e-mail me if you're interested.

Finally, a special thanks also to fellow demonstrator Tanya Blewitt for kindly sharing her gift certificate template with me.

Talk to you soon.

No comments: