Thursday 7 February 2008

Take Two Buds


Here are 2 more cards from Jane’s workshop.
With these I wanted to show 2 different looks using the same card layout and colours – the first, very clean & simple using only limited supplies and one ‘stepped-up’ with some added details using different products & techniques.

So what’s the same?...
- the layout
- the colours – close to cocoa, chocolate chip, regal rose, pretty in pink & whisper white
- the stamps – ‘Bud Basics’ flowers (
Summer Mini) & ‘Lots of Thoughts’ greeting (SAB)
The small flower outline is stamped over the close to cocoa base with close to cocoa ink. The flower outline & image is stamped in close to cocoa & pretty in pink on whisper white card & cut out. It is mounted with dimensionals on a square of whisper white card, stamped with a regal rose
flower.

... and what’s different?
Card 1 - I used only cardstock. I punched the greeting with the large oval punch & added a regal rose brad.Card 2 – I swapped the regal rose card strip for 2 strips of ‘Loves Me’ paper (Summer Mini) & the choc chip card strip for some choc chip grosgrain ribbon, which I knotted around the card. This time, I punched out the greeting with the small oval punch & mounted in on a large regal rose oval & added some more choc chip grosgrain behind it. Finally, I sponged the edge of the whisper white square with pretty in pink.
So which one would you make? Leave a comment & let me know.

No comments: