Monday 26 May 2008

Little print box


Sorry about the lack of posts in the last week. I've been really busy with family things & busily making projects for last weekend's class, a workshop & a fundraiser stall I'm doing with Kellie this weekend.
I've gone a bit patterned paper mad, so you'll be seeing lots of it over the next week, starting with this cute little (& I mean little) triangle box.I saw a template for the box in Paper Crafts Magazine & decided to make a little one using some Always Amethyst 6x6 Designer Prints paper from the special Palette of Prints sampler pad.
Once I made up the box, I added a white band, trimmed it with celery grosgrain & made a circle motif. To make the motif, I punched white & amethyst circles (1 ¼ inch & 1 inch) & a celery flower (spring bouquet punch). Then, I stamped thank you in amethyst ink (from the level 2 hostess set, 'In the Spotlight) & punched it out with the ¾ inch circle punch. Can you tell I love my punches? It's hard to see but both the flower & greeting circle are mounted on dimensionals to pop them out. I mounted the motif near the top of the box, as I thought it made it look like a flower head attached to a celery ribbon stem.
I think this little box would be very cute as a place card at a party or wedding (with maybe some almonds inside), or for giving small jewellery items. Of course, you could make a larger one with some 12 x 12 paper too, but in this case, I think small is very cute!
Update: Stampin' Up!® have said they're rapidly running out of the Palette of Prints sampler pack, so if you'd like some & haven't ordered it yet, please e-mail me ASAP.
Ta ta for now. I'll be back with more later.

No comments: