Tuesday 12 August 2008

It's not mine...but I love it!

Austin Powers (you know I love him) once said..."It’s not mine", & I have to say that this card isn’t mine either, but I’d be very happy if I had made it. I received it from my dear dear buddy, Ngaire in London & loved it so much that I asked her permission to show you all.
If the colours look familiar, it’s because they’re from this challenge of Kristina's. Like me, Ngaire loves Kristina’s creations & challenges, but she hasn’t been able to participate, since most of her stamping supplies are still in transit to London. So, I was really excited when she said she’d managed to make a card for this challenge, but was even more thrilled & surprised to have the privilege of receiving the original, complete with some lovely words from Ngai inside.

It might be a little hard to see in the pic, but Ngai has replicated the flower stitching from the rose red prints paper square, by perfectly piercing the pattern in the white square (such patience!). Both squares are mounted on dimensionals to help them pop. I also loved the added touch of folding over the corner of the rose red paper to show a little stripe & securing it with a brad. Noice Ngai! Here’s a closer pic of the piercing detail.

I think this card shows that you can make a very cool card with very limited supplies (& even no stamping-gulp!) so hope you like it too.


Thanks so much Ngai, for sending me your first (of many) UK creation(s). As usual, “Love your work!”... & talk to you soon.

I’ll be back later with one of my cards! Until then, byeeee.


Supplies: All from Stampin' Up!® of course!
Card/Paper: Whisper white, sage shadow, Rose red Prints designer paper
Accessories: Rose Red brads, piercing tool

No comments: