Wednesday 13 August 2008

Swirly gift box & card

This is a card & gift I made as a little extra thank you for Christine, who hosted a really fun workshop last month. Thanks again Chris for a great day, if you're reading!
They're both made using the divine 'So Swirly' jumbo wheel & 'Priceless' stamp set from the main catalogue which I really love using. I mean, what's not to love about a swirl?
The card is pretty much a complete case of this card I saw & loved on Rebecca Ross' blog, with some minor variations. Here are some of the little details:
  • Dry embossed dots – are made with the eyelet setting part of my crop-a-dile.
  • Multi-coloured 'Priceless' flower – inked up with a regal rose & certainly celery marker & stamped.
  • Spiky circle - made with the circle scallop punch – truly! I saw this idea on these cards by Karen Thomas. To make it, you punch a scallop circle, feed it back into the punch on a strip of scrap paper (handle), line it up halfway between the first punch & re-punch through the first scallop....if that makes any sense! Try change the spacing & you get different shapes. Have I mentioned I LOOVE that punch? Anyway, let me know if you need any more help with this.

I made the basic box using this tutorial I found on Andrea Hayes blog using just a half A4 sheet of cardstock. Then, I added a flower motif & band to co-ordinate with the card. It looks hard to do, but it's very quick, once you know the scores & cuts. Tell me - Is it just me that feels amazed when I turn a piece of cardstock into a box?... maybe so! ;-)

As you can see, this project was very much a group effort! I'd like to thank Rebecca, Karen & Andrea again for sharing great ideas & much more with fellow stampers.

Hmmm, just realised I haven't show you the gift I gave Christine at her workshop. I'll have to get back to you on that one! Bye for now!

Supplies:
Stamps: So Swirly jumbo wheel, Priceless
Card: regal rose, certainly celery, pretty in pink, whisper white
Ink: certainly celery & pretty in pink classic ink pad, celery jumbo ink cartridge, celery & regal rose stampin' write markers
Accessories: celery brad, silver eyelet,
Tools: crop-a-dile, punches - scallop circle, 1 3/8 inch circle, 1 1/4 inch circle

3 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Di!! It really makes my day to know that what I create inspires you in some way!! Just as I inspire you - you in turn inspire me with so many of your gorgeous creations! Isn't sharing our talents a really rewarding thing? I Love it!

I absolutely love what you have done here by the way!! Such pretty and elegant projects!

Karen
xo

Bec Ross said...

HI Di! Your CASEd card looks awesome! Better than the original! ;)
Bec.

Andrea said...

These are gorgeous Di!