Thursday 2 October 2008

One layout – three ways

While having a peek at the new UK Stampin' Up!® catalogue (you have to love a new catty – even if it's not an Aussie one), this layout caught my eye (& not just because it was celery!), so, I decided to have a play with it. Here's what I've come up with so far:For this card, I wanted to get a feel for the layout, so I just changed some of the colours & paper & used circles to create a scalloped edge instead of a spiral punch edge. The butterfly is rock & rolled in pretty in pink & rose red ink & raised on dimensionals. The paper is from the Petals & Paisley pack. I liked how it turned out so then I made this one.I clear embossed the polka dot background on the top of a barely banana base & layered strips of pretty in pink & celery card with white grosgrain tied knotted around them. I rock & rolled the large flower from 'Bodacious Bouquet (a set that I struggle with for some reason, even though I've seen lots of fab cards with it) in almost amethyst & lovely lilac ink & added some pretty in pink brads to the centre. I stamped the greeting in lovely lilac, punched it out with the word window punch & layered it on 3 more word windows.This last card came together a little backwards, but I was really happy with the end result. I decided to use 'Always' as it has such beautiful images. I stamped birdie in pomegranate ink, cut him out & stuck him onto some stamped pretty in pink & cocoa card. Then I made some faux flower brads by stamping some little flowers, punching them out with the ¼ inch circle, layered them up on 2 more circle layers & made them shiny, by clear embossing them. That made birdie a little unhappy that he wasn't shiny too, and so I inked him up with my versamark pen & clear embossed him too! This was the first time I've tried this & I was really happy with how it turned out...but you'll just have to trust me that it's shiny as my pic is not showing it! Finally, I tied some pomegranate ribbon around the front & used a yummy 'Cherished Memories' rub-on to finish it off.

So, have a look through your catty & see what catches your eye, or try making a card using this layout. You might be surprised where it takes you.

In the meantime, hope you have a happy Friday.
Di J

Supplies:
Garden Whimsy
Stamps: Garden Whimsy
Card: Certainly celery, whisper white, pretty in pink, petals & paisley designer paper
Ink: pretty in pink, rose red, old olive
Tools: Mat pack (piercing mat & template), piercing tool, ½ inch circle punch


Bodacious Flower
Stamps: Bodacious Bouquet, Fun & Fast Notes
Card: Barely banana, pretty in pink, certainly celery, whisper white
Ink: almost amethyst, lovely lilac
Accessories, pretty in pink brads, white grosgrain ribbon
Tools: spiral punch, word window punch


Always Birdie
Stamps: Always
Card: pretty in pink, rose red, close to cocoa, whisper white
Ink: purely pomegranate, pretty in pink, versamark pen
Accessories, Cherished Memories rub ons, purely pomegranate double stitched ribbon, clear embossing powder
Tools: ¼ inch circle punch, heat tool

3 comments:

One Klassy Chick said...

All of these cards are just GORGEOUS Di! What a great illustration of how to use one idea and bust out several 'same but different' cards! Brilliant job! S x

Chrissie said...

LOve them all Di... I love to get a great idea and then see how amny different ways I can use it! Fabulous job!

Allison Rankin said...

These are lovely...the last one is my fav!