Monday, 29 December 2008

I {heart} boxes

As promised (although a bit later than planned), here are the boxes I've made this month. Once I started, it was hard to stop, as they're so easy & the results are so cute. Most were samples I made to show at my Christmas gifts class, some were little gifts. All the boxes use the same basic principles & were custom sized to fit the items inside. Anyway, get comfortable, as this is a looong post.

Wintergreen BoxesI really like the patterns & colours in the Wintergreen paper pack....(I know what you're thinking, anything with celery!). While some are Christmas themed, many can be used all year round. I used my yummy celery grosgrain & artichoke grosgrain too to finish them off.
Mini Card BoxThis is a set of 4 gift cards that fit into a little sliding lid box. The stamps are from Season of Joy & Many Merry Messages.Choccy Boxes
These are filled with Dove choccies sandwiched between punched square scallops (a new punch in the Summer Mini). The enjoy stamp is from 'Be Happy' & the merry greeting is from 'Merry Merry'.
Dashing Boxes

Choccy Explosion BoxThis little explosion box filled with 4 decorated choccies is one of my faves. I followed the pattern of the spotty paper to create the lid & made a celery explosion box base to match.Tiny Pizza Box
I followed the Dashing paper pattern again to work out the dimensions of this tiny pizza box , which is filled with Dove choccies & a Stampin' Up!® magnet from Convention.Season of Joy Pizza BoxThis was a larger pizza box filled with more dove choccies decorated with circle scallops.
Holiday Thyme Boxes
I had lots of Holiday Thyme paper left from last Christmas, which I really liked (ahhh memories of cranberry crisp....& did you know the prints in this pack are the same as Wintergreen?), so I made some boxes with it too...as well as one more project I'll have to show you next time.
Holiday Thyme Pizza Box
Holiday Thyme Ink Pad Box
This is a larger rectangular version of a pizza box, which I made up to perfectly fit a Stampin' Up! ink pad. Phew, that was a lot of pics to add! If you'd like more information on anything here, just drop me an e-mail. I'll be back with one more & probably my favourite find of the season.
Back soon!
Di

Supplies:

Wintergreen boxes:
Stamps: Season of Joy, Many Merry Messages, Merry Merry
Card/Paper: wintergreen designer paper, certainly celery, sage shadow, always artichoke & whisper white card
Ink: blue bayou, sage shadow, always artichoke
Accessories: ¾ in celery grosgrain, ¼ inch grosgrain – artichoke, celery, white, artichoke brads (Rich Regals pack)
Tools: punches – scallop circle, square scallop, 1 3/8 in & 1 ¼ in circles, horizontal slot
Dashing BoxesStamps: Season of Joy, Merry Merry, Priceless, Occasional Greetings
Card/Paper: Dashing designer paper, certainly celery, real red, old olive & very vanilla card
Ink: old olive & real red ink pads & markers, summer sun (marker)
Accessories: ¾ in vanilla grosgrain ¼ inch grosgrain – real red
Tools: punches – scallop circle, 1 3/8 in & 1 ¼ in circles

Holiday Thyme BoxesStamps: Occasional GreetingsCard/Paper: Holiday Thyme designer paper (retired), cranberry card (retired), old olive cardInk: old olive ink padAccessories: organdy ribbon (retired)Tools: punches – large & small tag, horizontal slot

8 comments:

Ramona Michaluk said...

Diane, these boxes are really beautiful. Love the Wintergreen ones - the box and the cards are so stylish. I like the explosion box too - fantastic idea.
Thanks for sharing - will definitely have to make some of these for gifts!
Hope you had a lovely Christmas and have a safe & happy start to the New Year!

Anonymous said...

Diane, all your boxes and their contents are soooo gorgeous. Have a great New Year.

Regards,
Robyn Little

Lovin' Stampin' said...

Wow! I just have to "try this at home". Those little pizza boxes are just crying out to be filled with chocolate pizza! Yumm

Dani Fender said...

These are great Di! I have all these ideas for the Mini Pizza Box but just haven't got to it. These out do any of my ideas though. Beautiful work! Love them! TFS!

Amy K said...

Diane,

These are AWESOME boxes!! Such a fun set to have!! You really did a great job on all of them!!

Amy

Anonymous said...

Hello Di!
Firstly, a very Merry Christmas to you & your loved ones. Secondly, I wish you a fantastic New Year. As for your boxes, they are all absolutely beautiful & I honestly can't decide on which is my favourite. Hope to catch up soon when all this festive craziness settles a little. Take care. Andrea.

Chrissie said...

I love ALL of these boxes!!!!! I am in the process of designing a class to make some of the pizza boxes! Will show you when I am done!

Jane Ettia Jones said...

oh my gosh Di i love the mini card box it's gorgeous i have to have one just like it

Link within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin