Here's a close-up, so you can see the very glittery butterfly & pretties flowers, which I coloured with pretty in pink & perfect plum reinkers & and my Aqua Painter™. Actually when I was looking at this pic, (& this is where I have to toot Stampin' Up!®'s horn too!), I thought it was a perfect example of how having a coordinated range of fabulous products makes it so easy to mix and match items to create a unique look.OK, back to the card. While it looks like a normal card from the front, it's actually has a pocket inside, similar to this one. I'd like to be able to say that was all part of the plan, but it was just one of those happy a-ha moments when I was cutting the base. I had a leftover piece when I folded the card to suit the front & thought, "that's just the right size for a pocket!"
Anyway, I won't give full instructions for the card, but here's an overview of the maybe not so obvious steps along the way:
- Soft Sky Piece: - The soft sky piece is actually a whisper white piece. I stamped a rock & rolled butterfly, masked it, stamped all over with the curly greeting in versamark, clear embossed, then brayered over the top in soft sky ink. Then, I thought the soft sky was too overpowering, so I covered the whole piece with paper vellum & secured it with brads (& glue dots under the flower). This piece is raised on dimensionals.
- The pretties flowers were coloured with re-inkers & dried with the heat tool (I am very impatient!). The petals are strategically secured at the base with glue dots.
- The butterfly has been rock & rolled in pretty in pink & rose red ink, with a bit of Aqua Painter™ blending before stamping. I added glitter using versamark pad & heat & stick powder (think embossing powder but sticky!) It's raised on dimensionals & slightly offset from the butterfly image underneath.
- The 'so happy' greeting is from So Many Sayings. It's punched out with the word window punch.
- The card base is 29.7cm x 10.5. The finished front is 10.5 x 12.2cm.
The butterfly on the pocket fold is clear embossed (mmmm shiny!) .
- The greeting insert butterfly is rock & rolled & the edges are sponged in pretty in pink ink.
Card: rose red, perfect plum, whisper white
Ink: rose red (ink pad), pretty in pink (ink pad & reinker), perfect plum (reinker), versamark,
Accessories: pretty in pink brads, heat & stick powder, dazzling diamonds glitter, clear embossing powder
Tools: Aqua Painter™, heat gun, brayer, paper piercer
Validate it – Acknowledge what that something is
Celebrate it– take a picture, make a page, write about it, tell someone about it. Just don't forget about it.
Well, I walked outside to take pictures on our deck & saw Cara's bedspread, which I had put out to air. Well, it just hit me! I realised that it's pretty much the exact colours from the challenge & not only that, but it has butterflies & flowers all over it! .....& I didn't even register that until I saw it. WEIRD! So, I smiled, had a happy feeling moment, then decided to take my card pics on the quilt, so I can remember that little happy moment & tell you about it too (assuming you haven't dropped off to sleep yet). Anyway, here's a final pic showing one of the butterflies.