Saturday 28 November 2009

Christmas Circle Circus SAS

Here I am again with the second card from my October Christmas SAS.
For this one, I used the Circle Circus set. This is not a Christmas set, but when I first saw it in the catalogue back in April, I thought it would be great for Christmas baubles, as well as an opportunity to go mad with punches (& regular class goers will know how much I loooove bauble cards & punches, not to mention getting the most from the stamps in my collection).
The layout is very simple & quick to mass produce, but has some extra details to make it a bit more special. The hanging bauble has 3 stamped & punched out images, glued together & mounted on dimensionals.
I realised after making it that the colours are almost the same as this card, but with a different look. The greeting is from 'Many Merry Messages', a very well used essential Christmas set, as it includes greetings for both the front & insides of your Christmas cards. (I think this is my 3rd year using it!)
Here's another version with the colours & stamps swapped around.And one more quickie card I made at the same time. The front is 9.9cm x 9.9cm, which sounds like a weird size, but it means you can get 3 square cards from one sheet of A4 card. The card has a part oval punched out of the side, with another part olive oval inside with a ribbon knot attached.
Hope this gives you some more ideas for quick Christmas cards. Please let me know if you have any questions & thanks for popping in.

Inky wishes
Di

Supplies:
Stamps: Circle Circus, Many Merry Messages
Card: old olive, ruby red, whisper white
Ink: riding hood red, baja breeze, kiwi kiss, always artichoke
Tools: punches: scallop circle, 1 ¼ inch circle, ¾ inch circle; mat pack – piercing template & mat

Circle Circus set (114375) - $52.95

Many Merry Messages (115930) $64.95

No comments: