Monday 31 May 2010

Birdie Joy for Mothers Day

Today's card is one I made for my wee Mum & Mother-in-Law Shirley for Mothers Day & was also one of my Mother's Day class projects. I wanted to do a fancy fold card, so thought a joy fold card would be fun.
The goodies I've used are some of my favourites from the Autumn/Winter Mini – cute new 2 step birdie punch, 'Cottage Garden' stamp set & gorgeous matching 'Cottage Wall' DSP, a greeting from the 'Teeny Tiny Sentiments' stamp set, not to mention new rich razzleberry ink & grosgrain ribbon.

'Cottage Garden' is a 2 step set, with the flowers having both a solid & outline image. These can match up perfectly, especially if you use a stamp-a-ma-jig, but unusually for me, I really liked seeing some of the white when it's not stamped exactly...as it is here. The base is pale plum card, which I think works so well with the Cottage Wall DSP. So sad this colour will be retiring in August.

Here's another view of the card, so you can see the joy fold better.
I hope you've enjoyed seeing this project. I'll be back to show you the second Mother's Day class project next time. Just drop me a line or leave some comment love if you have any questions. Thanks again for visiting.
Inky wishes, Di

PS: You can also see another joy fold using the Eastern Blooms set here.

Supplies:
Stamps:, Cottage Garden (clear mount), Teeny Tiny Sentiments (clear mount)
Card/Paper: pale plum, certainly celery & whisper white card, Cottage Wall DSP
Ink: rich razzleberry & pale plum ink pads
Accessories: rich razzleberry polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Tools: xl 2 step birdie punch

3 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

fabulous card & I'm sure the mums would have loved it

Andrea said...

Love that birdie & love your card. Will have to try that fold! Thanks for another great idea.

Liam said...

very pretty.

Liam