Saturday 27 August 2011

Inlaid blossoms Klassy case

Today, I have another inlaid embossing pocket card to show you - albeit a bit later than planned. I made this folder one back in July for Cara's BFFs birthday & was really happy with how it turned out. You might recognise too that the fun inlaid embossing panel made up of mostly 'Blossom Party' flowers was based on this card by the gorgeous Sarah Klass.(waving Sair)
 I really love the look that the embossing gives. Soooo effective. Apologies for the colour in the pic though. It was another late night/bad light creation & looks so much brigher IRL. In case you're wondering
- The words were inked & stamped separately using 'Curly Cute' & my trusty stamp-a-ma-jig. The 'th' is from 'birthday'.
- The '10' is made of 3 die cut numbers stuck together with 2 way glue.
- I embossed another little panel for the inside. Here the pic to prove it.
Anyway, I think that covers it. Hope I've given you some more ideas to try. I still have lots more to show, so hopefully I'll be back soon. Please leave a comment to say hi or ask me about anything you're not sure of.
Inky wishes, Di

PS: Girls in the know - I finally found my hiding SAMJ imaging sheet - phew & yay!!!
PPS: only 4 more days until our new Idea Book starts. Double yay!!
PPS: Hi Rachel (grin)

Supplies
Stamps: Curly Cute
Card: rose red, marina mist, certainly celery, pretty in pink, bashful blue card
Ink: rose red ink pad
Accessories: rhinestone brads
Tools: Big Shot, square lattice embossing folder, Blossom Party die, Timeless Type Junior Alphabet dies, itty bitty punch pack

4 comments:

Christine Blain said...

This is a gorgeous card, Di. Great idea with the sentiment; I'm impressed! Perfect card for a 10-ye-old girl :)

Rachel said...

hello you cheeky lady :-) i love your work lovey, it is soooooo amazing and beautiful and clever! You inspire me...

kay said...

What a lovely card, Di! I like the way you put all the flower dies first before giving it a textured emboss. I should try that technique soon. Thanks for sharing and leaving a sweet comment in my blog. Hugs, Kay.

Renee said...

Very pretty….I'm loving the bright and cheery colors! Super cute!