1. Simple colour scheme - monochromatic schemes always work - two colours plus a neutral - pool party, island indigo & white in this case
2. One stamp set - Snow Swirled is great as it includes co-ordinated images plus 2 sentiments that can be used on the front & inside the card.
3. Two colour tree - ink up with the lightest shade (pool party), sponge dauber stars with deeper colour (island indigo), then stamp.
4. Punched sentiment - no straight stamping required - Just stamp & punch it out - I used the beautiful decorative label punch here & layered it under the matted tree.
5. Embossed background - I still get a wow every time I emboss a piece of card. The petals a plenty folder I used here is great for Christmas & all year round. Don't have a Big Shot (yet!) - just stamp the background with a co-ordinating star stamp in the same colour ink as the card.
6. Add some bling - Add a little (or a lot), especially for Christmas. I sprayed the embossed background panel with a shimmer spray made with champagne shimmer paint & Isocol. I also gave the stars on the tree more bling, with some dazzling diamonds attached with 2 way glue.
Hope that helps someone!
I also showed a matching gift card folder at the workshop but alas it seems to have gone for a walk. If I find it, I'll post with the second workshop project!
I made some more new quick & easy Snow Swirled samples to show the ladies at the workshop, which I'll show you too...
this old favourite of mine. I used olive & razzleberry again, this time with some Patterns DSP, spotted scallop ribbon & some basic rhinestones
And one more..
This is one of my favourite new colour combos - pool party, island indigo & certainly celery...& you'll be seeing it again soon.
Well, that all from me for now. I'll be back with the second project from Kim's workshop next time.
Inky wishes, Di
PS: Any questions, just ask!
Supplies: All SU unless stated
Kim's workshop M&T
Stamps: Snow Swirled
Card/Paper: pool party, island indigo, whisper white
Ink: pool party, island indigo
Accessories: dimensionals, champagne mist shimmer paint, Isocol (to mix with shimmer paint to make shimmer spray)
Tools: Big Shot, Petals a Plenty embossing folder, decorative label punch, sponge dauber, spray bottle (non SU for shimmer spray)