Friday, 27 January 2012

My Christmas card...& more tags

This is it...finally my last Christmas project from 2011 & it's my Christmas card.
Unfortunately, circumstances meant I didn't get to finish or send most of them, but I wanted to post it here anyway, as I was really happy with how it turned out & disappointed I didn't get to send our Christmas greetings to friends & family. I did think about using it for next Christmas, but decided to show you all instead.
Here's a closer view, so you can see the detail a bit better. (which I still have to show you!).
The colours are wisteria wonder & elegant eggplant. I've always had a thing for purple & I love love love this monochromatic combination.

This card includes some of my favourite images & things. I'm sure you recognise Dasher the reindeer. I combined him with the gorgeous Peace on Earth (from Four the Holidays), Merry Christmas (from Delightful Decorations) & a beautiful image from the new Charming set in the Summer Mini. Charming isn't a Christmas set, but I just HAD to use the image as it's soooo pretty. I clear embossed it on the purple card (much shinier irl). The ruffled wisteria ribbon is just yum & the top note shape got a little nod too!...as well as many punches!

Anyway, while I'm raving about the Charming image, I made matching Christmas gift tags using it & the scallop tag from the Two Tags die. The light was bad when I took the pic, so the eggplant doesn't look quite right.
I also used it for tags on Cara's school dance teachers gift bags which I made with DSP.
Jolly Bingo Bits is back
And finally before I go, I have two more tags to show you using Jolly Bingo Bits.
Cara had a male teacher this year - always tricky for gifts. I decided to go with a more manly night of navy & riding hood red combo for the tags & used the star/snowflake from Jolly Bingo Bits. I like how the smaller image lets you layer the punches & not obscure the lovely scallop stitching....which I realise in hindsight is not very manly, but c'est-la-vie! I'm sure he still liked the wine inside the bag!
His second gift had a definitely more manly look too!
Anyway, I think that's it for Christmas for me. I hope even though that Christmas is gone for 2011, that my projects give you some inspiration for this year...or the next.
Until next time, inky wishes from me.
Di

Supplies:
My Christmas card
Stamps: Dasher, Four the Holidays, Delightful Decorations, Charming
Card: wisteria wonder, elegant eggplant, whisper white
Ink: elegant eggplant ink pad, versamark pad
Accessories: wisteria wonder ruffled ribbon, basic pearls, clear embossing powder
Tools: Big Shot, Top Note die, Circles die, Circle Punches -1 3/8 inch, 1 1/4 inch, 3/4 in, 7/8 inch, heat tool, embossing buddy
Eggplant Charming Tag
Stamps: Charming, Four the Holidays
Card: whisper white, elegant eggplant
Ink: elegant eggplant ink pad
Accessories: basic rhinestone
Tools: Big Shot, Two Tags die, Circle Punches -1 3/8 inch, 1 1/4 inch
Riding Hood Red Tag & Bag
Stamps: Charming, Four the Holidays
Card: whisper white, riding hood red, choc chip, retired DSP
Ink: riding hood red
Accessories: Accessories: riding hood stripe ribbon (retired)
Tools: Big Shot, Two Tags die, Circle Punches -1 3/8 inch, 1 1/4 inch
Melon Mambo Tag & Bag
Stamps: Charming, Four the Holidays
Card: whisper white, regal rose, melon mambo, Flirtatious DSP
Ink: melon mambo
Accessories: white organza ribbon
Tools: Big Shot, Two Tags die, Circle Punches -1 3/8 inch, 1 1/4 inch
Jolly Bingo Bits tags
Stamps: Jolly Bingo Bits, Four the Holidays
Card: whisper white, night of navy, riding hood red
Ink: night of navy
Accessories: riding hood stripe ribbon (retired)
Tools: Big Shot, Two Tags die, Circle Punches -1 1/4inch, 1 inch

5 comments:

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Wow, these are great! I never noticed that image before and had to go look up Charming and see what else was in the set - it's cute isn't it? Thanks for sharing!

Paula said...

You can still use these gorgeous Xmas cards next Christmas, just make sure you send one to me! They are lovely Di *mwah*

Sarah Milbourn Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator said...

Once again I was privliged to recieve another of your beautiful creations Di! Thank you xx

Nikki Spencer said...

Di this is such a lovely collection of Christmas ideas, looove your Dasher card and that Peace on Earth gift tag with the big luscious satin bow is beautiful, TFS.

H2 :) said...

Wow, gorgeous Christmas card Di. The monochromatic scheme is so elegant & the details are perfect. (That "charming" image is lovely BTW.) All your gifts are beautifully adorned as well. TFS :)

Link within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin