Tuesday 21 February 2012

Harry Potter Owl pocket card

I've something a little different to my beloved butterflies to show you today - a Harry Potter-themed pocket card featuring my favourite owlie friend, dressed up as Harry.
(click pic for a bigger image)
I made this for Cara to give Damien for his birthday back in November. She had a great idea to get Damien tickets to the Harry Potter exhibition at the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney.....yes, we're all big Harry Potter fans, so I want a Harry themed card. I also love dressing up owlie, so I went had a bit of a play & came up with what you see here. I also tried a bit of curling & distressed  for a more vintage look...well, as distressed as I do anyway.
Anyhoo, here is Harry Owl for his close-up - very simple, but I think kind-of Harry like. All the bits as made using shapes from the owl punch.
I wanted to include the tickets in the card, so a pocket card was the best option. I found a couple of free HP like fonts online & used them for the inside message. Cara was pretty impressed with that!. By the way, the card front is approx 21cm x 10cm & fitted a DL envelope.
It was a lot of fun to make & it made Damien smile, so that's a win in my book. Hope you like it too.
That's it for me tonight - must finish the post before my battery runs out. Thanks very much for visiting. Hope you pop in again soon.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
Stamps: Curly Cute
Card/Paper: basic black, whisper white, riding hood red (textured card), Patterns DSP (neutrals pack)
Ink: staz on black, black stampin' write journal pen
Accessories: black satin ribbon, silver brads
Tools: owl builder punch, Big Shot, Circles #2 die

4 comments:

Andrea said...

He he... You're so clever and he's so cute! What a great gift idea too.

H2 :) said...

Super cute! Your little owlie is gorgeous Di - love his glasses & gown. Great presentation pocket too. :)

kelkkb said...

Adorable!

Sam said...

Oh WOW. I missed this one Di! This is gorgeous. What a fabulous idea. Hope you enjoyed the exhibit, i've heard it is great.