Wednesday 11 April 2012

Butterflies are back!

Have you missed seeing butterflies here lately? I thought I'd give you a little break, but it's time for their return.
I made this card for my wonderful Mum-in-law Shirley's birthday last December & didn't realise I hadn't shown you....which I can't believe, since it was one of my absolute fave cards of last year. Shirl loves purple, so elegant eggplant & wisteria wonder were a perfect combination.
The card front was around 15x15cm, which was perfect for the large scallop square die cut. The beautiful swirl on the mat & DSP is from Elements of Style & the perfect sentiment is from the Summer Mini set, You Are Loved. I'm sure you recognise the embossed butterflies are made with the Beautiful Wings embosslit die. The largest butterflies have a white butterfly under the eggplant one. You can see the panel & layering better here:
You may recognise this colour combo from my Christmas card too. This butterfly card was the card that inspired me to use it.
I was so happy with how this turned out, that I decided to use the design for a thank you card for the Acting Principal at Cara's school, whos is a wonderful teacher, leader & supporter of our school.
For this one, I tried a different colour combo, using calypso coral & poppy parade. I don't know what I'll do when poppy parade retires in August, as I really like it with calypso coral. It is tricky to photograph though!
I decorated the inside of the card with more butterflies - you simply can't have enough :0) - & a sentiment from Curvy Verses.
I think that's all I need to say for now. Thanks very much for visiting & a special thanks to everyone who takes the time to leave comments. I really love hearing from you all.
This will probably be my last post for a week or so, as we're having a much needed family break, so until next time...
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
wisteria/eggplant butterflies
Stamps: Elements of Style, You Are Loved, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Card: wisteria wonder, elegant eggplant, whisper white card, wisteria wonder Patterns DSP (In colours 11-13)
Ink: elegant eggplant, wisteria wonder ink pads
Accessories: basic pearls, white taffeta ribbon
Tools: Big Shot, Scallop Square die, Beautiful Wings embosslit die, large oval punch, modern label punch

coral/poppy butterflies
Stamps: Elements of Style, Thank You Kindly, Curvy Verses
Card: calypso coral, poppy parade, whisper white card, calypso coral Patterns DSP (In colours 11-13)
Ink: calypso coral, poppy parade ink pads
Accessories: basic pearls, white taffeta ribbon
Tools: Big Shot, Scallop Square die, Beautiful Wings embosslit die, large oval punch, modern label punch

3 comments:

H2 :) said...

Both gorgeous cards Di (the purple one is my fave of the two). Love the EoS swirl cascading across both panels of the card & the layered butterflies. Fabulous! Have a wonderful break. :)

Jodene said...

These are both gorgeous Di! I would never have thought to use the coral and poppy together but they look great!

Lynda said...

I really love the purple combo Di...but sadly I find the pink toned one a tad too confonting!! I am having a ral b'fly fest on my blog of late too...you cannot go wrong with them....always make folks smile. Beautiful.