Wednesday 16 April 2014

Another Great Year - quick & easy birthday cards

Yay! I'm back after an unintended break to share quite a few super quick & easy birthday cards from my Occasions Catalogue launch classes. Even better, I get to share some of my lovely class gals creations from the class too. All the cards use the fab must-have birthday set 'Another Great Year' teamed with paper from the Fresh Prints DSP stack.
The Fresh Prints papers are a tad larger than a card front & include 24 different  designs, so I thought it would be fun for each class gal to chose which print they wanted to use... which I think they loved. There are lots of different styles in the pack & I loved how they changed the whole look of the card in the blink of an eye. Anyway, enough chat, here's my first card, which was my class sample.
The sentiment was stamped in real red, then clear embossed to give a lovely shiny look. It's a little hard to see with my angled pic, but 'Birthday' is straight on the card & the flag piece is directly behind it. I also used some candy dot brads for a bit of extra detail.
Then, at the first class, I chose a triangle print. I think this would be a good masculine teen card.
For the second class, I chose a spotty paper, then prettied it up later with some Petite Petals flowers & ruffled ribbon. Check the first class gals cards below for a flower-less version by Alison.
Now for even more fun, here are all the cards my lovely Friday class gals made. I love how different they look with the different prints & with the addition of a star or tiny flower. (click on the pics for a bigger view). Apologies for the not-so-great pics - I took these quickly on my phone before the gals went home!
And here are my Saturday gals' cards.
I really loved how great everyone's cards turned out & I think they were all really happy too. You could make a ton of these so quickly & they all have their own look.

That's all from me today, but I'll be back soon. I hope you all have a blessed Easter.
Inky wishes, Di

PS: the star punch I used here (from the Merry Minis punch pack) is 25% off this week with our Weekly Deals. See it here.

Supplies
Stamps: Another Great Year
Card: crumb cake (base), real red & whisper white, Fresh Prints DSP stack, silver glimmer paper

Ink: real red ink pad
Accessories: candy dot bases, candy dots (subtles), basic pearls, clear embossing powder
Tools: heat tool, merry minis punch pack or Itty Bitty punch pack

No comments: