Wednesday 23 April 2014

In review - Gorgeous Grunge butterflies

So, grunge & butterflies aren't words that you'd think of together, but after I saw a card made by SU's Pam Morgan at US convention convention last year & had a play myself, I can now say they do. I thought I'd shared these already, but apparently not...until now. See what you think...
Happy Day Butterfly
The butterfly is white card stamped with a combination of stamps from Gorgeous Grunge &  Hello Lovely in pool party, crisp cantaloupe & calypso coral. The cantaloupe panel has also been grunged & I added some Epic Day washi tape. Here's a closer look at the butterfly.
Butterfly Thanks
The large butterfly on this card is basically the same as the first, but looks much girlier thanks to the colours & embossed background. It's 10 x 21cm (4 x 8 inches). I used some washi to created a ruffled/pleated effect. So easy to do! Here's a closer look:
Casing Pam's Butterfly
Before I go, here's the card I made based on Pam's orginal. Very quick & easy too. I really liked how repeat stamping the lined stamp created a great background with no extra layers.
Thanks for visiting & I hope these cards give you some grungy ideas to try.
Inky wishes, Di

No comments: