Friday 18 April 2014

In review - Regarding Dahlias for birthdays

It's time for another In Review post - sharing cards I've made with the oh-so-beautiful Regarding Dahlia's stamp set.

Joy Fold Dahlia 
I made this one for a dear friend's birthday back in November. She loves a fancy fold card as much as I do, so I made this joy fold card.
The dahlia was heat embossed in white onto midnight muse card. I also stamped dahlias on the inside message panel & inside base too. The birthday sentiment (Express Yourself) is heat embossed in clear embossing powder over midnight muse ink, so it's glossy too. The card base is bermuda bay, base mat is coastal cabana & the paper is Afternoon Picnic. Although this may seem an unusual colour combo, I think they work really well together. Here's the card partially open, so you can see the folds...
...and here it's fully open. You can see on the inside that I matched up the flower on the base & message panel.

Special Birthday Dahlias
I made this card for my wonderful Mum-in-law's 70th birthday in December. While it shares the colours & paper of the joy fold card, it's a much larger card - the base is a whole A4 sheet folded in half.

The dahlias & '70' are heat embossed in white. The other elements are simply layered on the front.
I added another embossed dahlia on the inside & combined a sentiment from 'Million & One' & Express Yourself. I needed a custom envelope - easy peasy with some midnight muse DSP & my Envelope Punch Board.

Hello, Lovely Dahlia
One more dahlia before I go - a simple card I made for a friend using the 'Hello, Lovely' stamp set for the sentiment in pistachio pudding, calypso coral, bermuda bay & coastal cabana - how Caribbean they all sound together.
I hope you've enjoyed this little ook at Regarding Dahlia. There are so many techniques you can do with it, so I need to try some more...but I'll say bye for now. Thanks for visiting & come back soon.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
Joy Fold Dahlia & Special Birthday Dahlia
Stamps: Regarding Dahlias, Express Yourself, Million & One
Card/Paper: bermuda bay, coastal cabana, midnight muse, very vanilla card, Afternoon Picnic
Ink: whisper white craft ink, coastal cabana & midnight muse ink pads
Accessories: basic rhinestones, ruffled ribbon - coastal cabana
Tools: hexagon punch, boho blossoms punch, itty bitty punch pack, scallop circle punch, 1-1/2 inch circle punch, 1-3/8in circle punch

Hello, Lovely Dahlia
Stamps: Regarding Dahlias, Hello Lovely
Card/Paper: pistachio pudding,bermuda bay, coastal cabana, whisper white card, calypso coral stack DSP (Subtles)
Ink: bermuda bay & calypso coral markers
Accessories: bermuda bay ribbon, basic pearls
Tools: decorative label punch

No comments: