Friday 4 July 2014

First play - Blended Bloom & Blendabilities

Today, I'm sharing a couple of cards made on my first play with our new Blendabilites markers. Blendies (as I'm fondly calling them) open up a whole new world of colouring options, all of course in SU colours for matchy matchy girls like me. I'll share more info on Blendies below, but I know you're here for the pretty pics first, so here you go.
I've kept the card very simple, to let the flower shine. I wanted a soft, light flower, so I used the 2 lightest Calypso Coral pack markers, together with the Blush marker from the Skin Tone pack for the petals & and the skin tone mocha marker for the centre. Here's a closer look.
I've never used alcohol markers before, so was pretty pleased with this first effort. There's definitely a learning curve to find your favourite way to colour, so plenty of play time will definitely improve my technique.

Daffodil Blended Bloom

I coloured this flower using the Daffodil Delight & Pumpkin Pie marker packs & mounted it on a pool party hexagon hive panel, with some pretty paper from the Moonlight DSP stack & nee lost lagoon ribbon. Here's a close up of the flower.

Blendabilities Basics

Blendabilities are Stampin' Up! own exclusive range of alcohol markers, designed to add luscious & beautifully blended colour to your projects. Each marker has a brush and fine tip end & are a wonderful tool for anyone who loves to colour. Blendabilities come in a 3-pack of light, medium & dark shades (plus a 6 marker skin-tone pack) & work perfectly simple whisper white (or any SU) card. Use them to colour ribbon, on acetate & many other surfaces. Use our new black Memento ink pad to stamp images to be coloured. Please don't use staz on ink with blendies. It's alcohol based too, which means it will bleed & ruin your markers.
There are currently 12 Blendabilities colour packs & you can see them in the above pic. 6 packs are now available to order, with the remaining colours available to customers on 1 August. See the available Blendabilities here in my online store.
Check out this intro vid by Stampin' Up!'s lovely Carrie Cudney, to see them in action too.
I'm sure you'll see lots more Blendie projects coming as I get time to play. If you have any questions, about the cards or Blendies, leave me a comment or drop me a line.
Until next time, inky wishes, Di

Supplies
Card 1: Calypso
Stamps: Blended Bloom, Express Yourself (hostess-retired)
Card: calypso coral, crisp cantaloupe, whisper white, In Colour 13-15 DSP Stack - baked brown sugar
Ink: baked brown sugar ink pad, black Memento ink pad, Blendabilities - calypso coral, skin tones
Accessories, gold sequin trim, baked brown sugar thick bakers twine

Card 2 - daffodil
Stamps: Blended Bloom, Perfect Pennants
Card: crumb cake, pool party, whisper white card, Moonlight DSP stack
Ink: lost lagoon ink pad,
black Memento ink pad, Blendabilities - daffodil delight, pumpkin pie
Accessories: lost lagoon stitched satin ribbon, large basic pearl
Tools: Big Shot, Hexagon Hive die

1 comment:

Patrice said...

These are lovely cards Di, great colouring for a first time alcohol marker user!