Friday 30 January 2015

JAI 248 colour challenge - Balloon bash birthday

 This week's challenge at Just add ink is a fun colour challenge using these colours.
 
It's an interesting combo that works for either guys or girls I think. I've never used them together until now but I think they played together nicely. This is what I came up with:
The fun sentiment is from the new Balloon Bash set, stamped in navy & razzleberry. I made my own striped background DSP in the challenge colours using the brush tip end of my Stampin' Write markers. It's far from perfect but I think it works well with the handwritten look of the sentiment font. The panel is attached to the front of a z-fold card base (always tricky to photograph). You can see it better here.
I repeated the stripe on the inside of the card & added a sentiment in a coordinating font (Age Awareness set).
 
I think this card could work for lots of people - girls, guys, teens. What do you think?
Thanks for visiting & do have a go playing along with the challenge. Would love to see what you create. Until next time,
Inky wishes, Di

Product List 
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.   

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the handmade DSP - if you hadn't of said you made it yourself I would have guessed it was a retired or MDS one! Great card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I love this card Di! It's got a fab fold, wonderful DSP and an amazing sentiment! Perfect birthday card!

Shona Chambers said...

I can't believe you made that striped paper, its amazing and the lines are so straight! You must have a very steady hand. Brilliant design too!

Jodene said...

This is an awesome card Di and I love that you created that DSP! I would not have known if I hadn't read that, it looks like printed paper!