Monday 23 March 2015

Saying thanks with an iphone & bling

You know that moment when you look on your blog for a project & don't find it?... just me then ;-) So, quick post required to remedy that. I made today's card back in October, but better late than never.
This blingy creation came about when Miss C asked me to make a card for Renee, the lovely youth pastor at our church. Renee loves purple & always has the boldest, blingiest phone covers so I tried to make her a fun phone card. The base is elegant eggplant with a glimmer paper front. I also spritzed the wisteria wonder screen with shimmer mist for extra sparkle. The messages are a combination of 'Just Sayin' stamps & Regarding Dahlias (thank you) with the Word bubble framelit dies.
My card is based on these cute phone cards by Allison Okamitsu. I think I enlarged the size a bit but I can't find my notes to say what I did, so I'll edit the post if I find them. See dimensions below. I kept the inside very simple - another word bubble & space to write.

Edited 23 March 2015
Cutting Measurements
I found my notes (yay!) so here the measurements I used.
Note:
the inch & cm measurements are slightly different as I rounded the inch measurements to make them easier to follow, so please don't mix the measurements!

Finished Front:                9 x 14.8cm     OR   3-1/2 x 5-3/4 inches
Cut:
Base: (elegant eggplant)    9 x 29.7cm     OR   3-1/2 x 11-1/2 inches
Glitter mat & inside mat:  8.6 x 14.4cm  OR   3-3/8 x 5-5/8 inches
Screen mat: (eggplant)     6.6 x 11cm      OR  2-1/2 x 4-1/4 inches
Screen: (wisteria)             6.2 x 10.6cm  OR  2-3/8 x 4-1/8 inches
Button: eggplant:              3/4 inch circle punch
Mic: (eggplant)                  approx 1.5cm x 2mm OR 5/8 x 1/8 inches -
                                            hand cut rounded corners

Hope this fun card gives you some ideas for phone loving friends & family. Leave me a comment if you like it or if you have questions. I'll share more recent projects once I retake some pics. Darn that bad light.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

4 comments:

Patrice said...

Di this is an awesome card. So appropriate for teens today - hope you don't mind if I CASE it one day! x

ColourmehappyDi said...

Thanks Patrice. Case away :-)

Unknown said...

Love this Di! So cool and sparkly x

Juliette said...

Di, this is amazing! My card class ladies would love it!! CASE, too, please....thank you...xxxxxx