Friday 17 April 2015

Watercolouring with Love & Kindness


Today, I'm sharing the first of my mid March class projects with you. This class was one of those times when things don't go quite to plan but work out really well in the end. Why? I'd originally planned a Blendabilities marker class, but the surprise & sad discontinuation of the Blendabilities range meant I needed to re-think the projects.

Watercolouring was the perfect alternative to colour the sweet tulip bouquet stamp image (Love is Kindness) & we used using an aquapainter & our ink pads (using ink in the lid as a palette) on whisper white card.  Normally I prefer to use watercolour paper, but I needed a pure white card to match the DSP.
I made two versions of the card using almost the same supplies & the gals chose which one they wanted to make - in pink pirouette/strawberry slush & pool party or daffodil delight/pumpkin pie.
See the striped background? We created it by sponging the BRILLIANT Irresistibly Yours DSP with sponge daubers & ink. As the paper is white with glossy resist patterns it's easy to make it any colour you like.  While the Irresistibly Yours paper is no longer available, you can recreate the look using white card, our striped mask, sponge daubers & ink. Still easy & so effective.
I can't finish without saying that yes, I've used the Crazy About You die & stamp bundle again for the sentiments. Just. Can't. Stop. Using. Them :-)

More Love is Kindness
Once I started watercolouring I didn't want to stop, so I made another couple of cards with Love is Kindness  & Crazy About You. They're an unusual colour combination for me - hello honey, crumb cake & baked brown sugar - but I really liked how they turned out.
I used watercolour paper for this one, which makes it lots easier to blend. It also worked well with the Typeset DSP too.
I liked the clean layout of this one & discovered that the bouquet was easier to cut out than I imagined. :-)

Well that's it for me now. Thanks very much for Stopping by & hope you've enjoyed seeing my cards. I'll be back next time with the second project from the class. If you have any questions about anything, just leave me a comment.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies

1 comment:

Sunny Strawbaler said...

Sooo beautiful Di. Pale pink tulips are my most favourite flower - but I am loving your yellow ones even more because they remind me of the gorgeous sunshine! Sherylee.