Wednesday 5 August 2015

Sprinkles of Life ice cream birthday cards

Today I'm sharing a few cards using the Sprinkles of Life stamp set. This fun set includes lots of images to make cupcakes, ice cream cones, baskets of flowers, trees, & coordinating sentiments for lots of occasions - the possibilities are endless with this cutie. Even better, $3 from each set sold benefits Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC).
This first card was a new catalogue sneak peek project for my end of May classes.
I love these colours together (mint macaron, blushing bride, so saffron & tip top taupe) & wouldn't say no to some matching real gelato ;-) Eagle eyes might notice that this JAI butterfly card also uses these colours minus the saffron - & this was inspired by these cards).
I heat embossed the ice cream scoops with versamark & clear embossing powder which gave them a lovely shine - & was so quick since for multiple coloured card. I clear embossed the cone over tip top taupe ink as I wanted a darker look. Our classic pads are not generally recommended for embossing but it can be done if work quickly. Here's a closer look

There's a story I'm sure you can relate to behind my second card.
It started off the same as the first card but then took an unfortunate dive into my mint macaron ink pad, leaving a nice big splodge of ink on it. So I very gently pulled the card apart (thank goodness I hadn't used liquid glue), embossed a new white panel using our new Elegant dots embossing folder, placed it over the splodge & added a banner with a scrap of blushing bride card.

Last but not least, is this super sized cone card. I had a leftover card kit & some extra stamped pieces so I has a play & came up with this variation.
I really like how this one turned out & don't you love when you use up your leftovers?
This will definitely be the first of many Sprinkles of Life projects. I'm also thinking about having a fundraiser class using it, so if you're local to me, let me know if you're interested.
Thanks for visiting today & If you'd like more info on the cards, just ask. Remember to leave a comment or pin the cards if you like them too.
Inky wishes, Di

PS. here's a combined version for you to pin :-)
Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used. Please check the online store if your preference is different.




No comments: