Friday 27 November 2015

JAI 290 colour challenge - sweet treat box

It's time for a new challenge at Just Add Ink & this week is a colour challenge suggested by the lovely Jan.
My first thought at the colours was 'gulp' as I don't think I've ever combined even two of them. After some pondering I realised the Cherry on Top paper pack included some fun combinations including a sweet donut pattern. This sparked a thought to make some sort of treat, so I decorated a sahara sand box from the All Boxed Up kit & the final sweet treat turned out like this:
Tag Tips
I cut 9 donuts from the Cherry on Top paper sheet shown below using the smallest circle framelit die - happily a perfect size so no hand cutting required (yippee!) - then I added some no-mess glittery sparkle with my clear Wink of Stella pen, but it's hard to see in the pic. Exciting news - Wink is coming to SU in January - double yippee! I've included some other glittery touches with glitter ribbon & a little glimmer paper on the banner.
The fancy curved top & notch on the tag is courtesy of the new Curvy corner trio punch - seriously a must have punch from the Holiday Catalogue (see it below). Bottom corners were rounded with our regular corner rounder punch. The sweet sentiment on the banner is from All Boxed Up stamp set which co-ordinates with the All Boxed Up Kit. Click on this tag pic & you might see the sparkle better.
Here's a final pic of the box from the side. I wrapped some more Cherry on Top paper, watermelon wonder card & glimmer paper around the perfectly neutral sahara sand box for that matchy-matchy look I love. Even the peg is watemelon wonder (also from the kit):-)
I think I'll fill my box with some skittles - smaller & less messy than donuts - & share with a fellow sweet tooth.
So what do you think - did I work the colours? Do check out all the DT's projects, try the challenge yourself & link up to share it with us.  We'd love you to play along.
If you'd like to make your own sweet treat boxes, all the supplies I've used are listed below. Click on the pics for more info & to order in my store.

Thanks for visiting. I have lots more to share once I get some photos taken, so back soon I hope.
Inky wishes, Di

PS: I may have bent the colour challenge a bit as my donuts are apparently cucumber crush, not garden green, but they certainly look the part to me.
PPS: the box I used is also available in the fab Baker's Box die set - make them in any colour you like!
See & Order Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order. Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used. Please check the online store if your preference is different.

3 comments:

Jodene said...

This project is just gorgeous Di, and I love how you have used that patterned paper - so clever!!

KimB said...

Ha Di I would never have noticed - my WW looks like Calypso Coral (but it is WW really!) Love your great use of DSP - I never even thought about looking through my stash. Those little donuts are so cute and just scream - something yummy - eat me! xxx

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Di I adore this yummy looking project!! I'm totally craving a donut right now :P