Thursday 24 March 2016

Beautiful Ride - 18th birthday

Today I'm sharing a card I made for a family friend's 18th birthday earlier this month. Still can't quite believe that he can possibly be 18 already but apparently time flies & kids grow up!
My Beautiful Ride stamp set got it's first inking for this card. I just had to get it as I love the cute little vw bug . The surfboard in the set was perfect for this birthday-teen too (even though darling husband said I stamped it too far back on the car roof).

I stamped the bug in basic grey (I like the softer look than black gives & is still waterproof on whisper white), then coloured it with an aquapainter & bermuda bay ink from an ink pad. After I finished, it looked a little too clean for a masculine card so I added some texture with the Gorgeous Grunge speckle on the white panel, & Timeless Textures hession(?) stamp onto the smoky slate panel. I think this works really well with the watercolour-grungy look of the Number of Years number stamps. I like stamping the numbers & sentiments onto thick whisper white card as it's much sturdier.

I added some Everyday Chic washi below the card - this has been sneaking into quite a few projects of all sorts (including last week's eggplant floral card) & 2 sentiments from Beautiful Ride. The finished card it's bigger than a standard one as it kind of grew around the stamped panel. Of course that's no problem thanks to my handy dandy Envelope Punch Board.
I carried over elements from the front to the inside & included a pocket to hold some money.

So, I think that's all I have to say about my bug, except that I hope the birthday teen liked it. It was certainly fun to make. Thanks for visiting today & remember to pin my card if you liked it.
Until next time, inky wishes,
Di

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used, then alternative separate options at the bottom.. Please check the online store if your preference is different.


No comments: