Friday 29 April 2016

JAI 309 inspiration challenge - Circle of Spring

It's time for an inspiration challenge at Just Add Ink, and this is the image Jodene challenged us with.
I loved everything about that beautiful blanket, so this is what I made with the very sweet Circle of Spring stamp set, which I'm delighted to say is carrying over into our new annual catalogue.
I hope you can see the inspiration colours in the watercoloured wreath & both the colours & chevron pattern in the banners. I gave a more grungy nod to the wooden chair with my Hardwood stamped & sponged background (in smoky slate & white).

The wreath is stamped in basic black on thick whisper white then coloured with my aquapainters & pool party, calypso coral, blushing bride, pear pizzazz & smoky slate ink (taken from the ink pad lids as usual). Normally I'd have used basic gray for a floral image outline as it's a bit softer but I like how the black turned out here anyway. I actually stamped & cut two wreath images for more depth. You can see the layers better here.
I'm running so late with this post, so I'll come back & add my full supply list later. Supply list now added!
Thanks very much for visiting. Just add a comment if you have any questions or just want to say hi & I'll reply back to you. Remember to pin my card for later inspiration if you like it too.

Once you've pinned away, go see all the design team's projects here on the Just Add Ink blog, to see all the fab ways they've been inspired to use the image  & please join in the challenge with your own creation too.

Until next time, inky wishes
Di

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used plus other options at the bottom of the list. Please check my online store for all options.

Aqua Painters
$20.00
Big Shot
$169.00

4 comments:

KimB said...

I'm so glad you mention what you used for your background Di - I just loved the look of Smokey Slate on white. In fact the whole card is gorgeous - very elegant and serene and beautiful colouring! xxx

Jan said...

I just love your take on the photo Di - your hardwood background is so lovely and soft and really allows your beautifully coloured wreath to shine. So pretty! Xx

Nikki Spencer said...

Love this Di! The triple banner and gorgeous hardwood background make the perfect platform for showcasing your beautifully soft wreath...love the product combination. Xx

Christine Blain said...

This is so beautiful, Di. I love that you've die cut two wreaths. Your colouring is spectacular.