Sunday 8 May 2016

Happy Mother's Day - Have a nice cuppa

Today's card share comes with the best of wishes to all the Mums, mums-to-be, Grandma's & Mum-like lovelies out there. Happy Mother's Day everyone. :)
 
I made this card with a lovely bunch of Mums at my ladies only classes last week & hope it's making someones day today, or soon for a birthday or just because. They don't come more girly than this, with soft, pretty colours, glitter, sequins, flowers & a dash of whimsy from the cup & teapot... & it shakes too :)
The cup & teapot are from the Cup & Kettle framelits die set, I'd been dying to use them in class since I got them but saved them up for Mother's Day as they're just so special & fun. To up the fun, I made the cup into a shaker, backed with some blushing bride glimmer paper.
The shaker was a breeze to make thanks to fantastic new thick foam strips we'll be selling in packs in our new Annual Catalogue (coming June 1st). You might remember we had these in our Christmas Shaker Card kit last Christmas & they were a big hit. The shaker is filled with clear, iridescent sequins I had left over from a Christmas bauble project. The little flower accents are of course from the Petite Petals stamp & punch bundle.

A special cup of tea needs a pretty teapot & the Cup & Kettle die set includes this cute one.
I lightly sponged the teapot edges, curved the edges & added the Mother's Day sentiment from Circle of Spring. Some of my girls used the birthday or for you sentiments in the set instead. One final touch - I flicked up the scallop circle edges for more interest.

On the inside, used the cup cut-out from the front to carry the theme - I so love that Birthday Bouquet paper. I also added a border drawn simply with a blushing bride marker.
So that's how it all came together. One final pic to show the dimension of all the different elements. This isn't the thinnest card to post but still very post-able.

More about the Cup & Kettle framelits & A Nice Cuppa
The Cup & Kettle framelits are currently available separately or bundled with the A Nice Cuppa stamp set bundle.  It's such a unique set of dies & useful for so many people & occasions This is what's included in each. I used it on this card but there are so many other possibilities.
Sadly these are not carrying over to our new Annual Catalogue so they're only available while stocks last or until the Occasions Catalogue ends on 31 May.
Also worth a reminder is that the gorgeous  Birthday Bouquet dsp & 1-1/4 inch scallop circle punch are also retiring & available while stocks last only too.
As of now, they're still all available to order in Aus (yay). See my store links below for links to see & order these items & all the supplies I've used today.

Thanks for stopping by today & I hope my card made you smile.
Inky wishes, Di

Project Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used, then alternative separate options at the bottom.. Please check the online store if your preference is different.




Big Shot
$169.00

No comments: