Friday 6 May 2016

JAI 310 sketch challenge - birthday make-up compact card


Happily the stars aligned this week for me to use our new challenge sketch at Just Add Ink as inspiration for my darling girl's 15th birthday card. This is the sketch,
and this is my card
Bold, huh! This year, Miss C has become really interested in make-up so I thought it'd be fun to make a card that had something with a make-up theme. Then I saw the sketch & immediately thought to make a make-up compact - & definitely one with attitude & bling, as many of the funky make-up brands seem to have. I think you can see the sketch even though I took some obvious liberties with extra layers for my sunbursts. Here's a little more of a straight-in look showing off the fun & so easy sunbursts using the Sunburst Sayings die & stamp bundle.
and here's the compact, inside.
The make-up palette inside is made of 3 layers of 1 inch punch circles, adhered together, & made sparkly with clear Wink of Stella. I embossed 2 sentiments from Sunburst Sayings on vellum & adhered them to the top inside & added lots of bling. I adhered another layer of vellum over the make up palettes with a birthday message from Dad - I like him to write the message so cards include a bit of both of us - but I forgot to take a pic beforehand so can't share that pic.

Back to the base compact - the layers are cut with the 2 largest Circles Collection framelit dies (sadly on the retirement list). I've used 2 designs of the Shine On Speciality dsp for the main layers & a frame of silver foil - I'm still loving the combination of kraft & embossed silver & it's really sturdy so perfect for the base pieces. The front & back is attached with a piece of card adhered between the layers.

 It was a tricky little project to photograph with the shape & shiny silver layers so here's one more go.

Well, I hope you liked my take on this week's sketch. Please pin my project if you do & leave a comment if you like more information. Then hop over to the Just Add Ink blog to see all the team's fun sketch ideas & try it yourself.
Back soon with another project
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used plus other options at the bottom of the list. Please check my online store for all options.


Versamark Pad
$13.00
Banner Punch
$21.00
Heat Tool
$50.00
Big Shot
$169.00

5 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Di, this is awesome!! Love your creative take on the sketch. xx

Nikki Spencer said...

Brilliant effort Di! I'm sure Miss C will be thrilled too! It's just so clever and creative. xx

Sunny Strawbaler said...

Fantastic Di! I bet she loved it too! Sherylee.

Jan said...

So cool Di! Such a wonderful use of the sketch for Miss C and I'm sure she will love it! I adore how have used the sunburst die to add lots of shine and the fabulous "cakes" of colour inside. A wonderful teen keepsake that I might just have to Case xx

KimB said...

Di this is stunning! I love the concept and all the wonderful silver touches. The inside is super clever with all those little make up spots. Such a wonderful teen card! xxx