Love that flourish? It's one of the one of the dies amazingly fine & intricate Flourish set (& part of the coordinating Flourishing Phrases die & stamp bundle). Isn't it pretty? These are all the die shapes in the set. You can see the coordinating stamp set in the supply list at the bottom of this post.
When cards go wrong
It's a great feeling when an idea comes to life as planned or a happy accident turns into a fabulous card, but for one reason or other it doesn't always work out that way. I do love a puzzle so generally it's fun for me to figure out what's 'not right' & change it into something I like more. Other times, I realise I need to say 'it's done' & move on to something else.
This week I made a card for the challenge & for many reasons it just doesn't work for me. I wasn't going to share it but decided I would because:
- it's good to realise things don't always work out as planned & that's ok,
- miss-steps often lead you to another idea that does work for you,
- someone else may still like it - in this case my darling girl likes the one I don't like more than the CAS one I like. Surprised me too :-)
So here's my ugly card so you can make your own decision.
So what doesn't work for me? How would you change it?
- The striped paper is too much & too bold. I'd tried plain card but it didn't really gel. I'd probably change this to plain white card. Less is more :)
- I think the glimmer paper flourish made the panel look quite flat & too glittery. I think just leaving the vellum showing behind the watercolour panel (with all the the little inside bits) would have looked cleaner & more intricate.
- The watercolour wash looks ok but is more splotchy than I'd wanted & maybe the crushed curry is too bright when combined with the paper... not really a fan of CC.
- the pear pizzazz strip doesn't really belong with the other colours but the colour challenge needed it.
I think I've made my peace with the card now & hope you've found my thoughts helpful for times when you can't figure out how or why something works or not.
Thanks for visiting today. Now head over to the Just Add Ink blog to see how the rest of the team have totally rocked the challenge colours. I'm sure you'll be inspired to try them too.
Until next time, sending you inky wishes,
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used, then alternative separate options at the bottom.. Please check the online store if your preference is different.