Friday 5 August 2016

JAI 323 Just add F - Floral 50th birthday

Friday means new challenge time at Just Add Ink & this week lovely Tina has asked us to Just Add something beginning with the letter F. Letter challenges always give so many options so you really need to check out all the team's F's on the blog and try the challenge too. Can you guess my F's?


I've made a fancy fold card for one of my longest & dearest friends fiftieth birthday using the gorgeous Floral Phrases stamp set & Detailed Floral die bundle. This bundle was my number one must-have from the Annual Catalogue as the die is so intricate & pretty and I've always had a thing for navy & white. Love!

This is how the card looks completely closed. Btw, the front is a regular card & fits a C6 envelope.


It's held closed with a belly band made of a vellum base covered with Floral Boutique washi tape & a silver embossed Fifty using the Number of Years stamp set & Large Letters dies. The vellum helps keep the translucent look of the washi.


This is how the belly band looks up close. The little navy flower was fussy cut from another detailed floral piece - you can see the shape slightly above the embossed 'happy'.


The detailed floral cut-out on the right is adhered to the white base. The left side is loose to allow the card to open. The navy piece is attached the the back of & right front of the white base.


The white inner panel is decorated with sentiments from Birthday Blossoms & Floral Phrases, and a pretty paper panel (Floral Boutique dsp) with another embossed fifty.


Here's a close look at each side



This is the view from the back & right front.


and finally this is the back (with belly band on).


I think you've seen it from all angles so I'll say bye for now. Thanks for visiting & making it through all the photos. If you'd like more info about my card or just say hi, please leave a comment as I'd love to hear from you. All supplies I used are listed & can be ordered via the list below.

Before you go, here's a final image for you to pin for later. Thanks :)



Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used, then alternative separate options at the bottom.. Please check the online store if your preference is different.




7 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Beautiful Di! Loving that fold and belly band detail...So elegant. xx

Jan said...

Such a beautiful 50th card, Di! I love yrour Navy and White colours and the intricate die layers do indeed add such a lovely elegance too! xx

KimB said...

Love how your fancy fold shows off all the fabulous intricate detail and still has a completely hidden inside. You definitely hit both elegant and beautiful with this one Di! xxx

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Wow Wow Wow Di this is one striking card! So detailed and so beautiful, I'm sure your friend will adore it.

Katie Legge said...

WOW, what a stunning card! I love the fancy fold you have created and the extra details on the inside of the card.
Also, thank you for creating the Pin with multiple images, definitely pinning this gorgeous card.

Donna said...

This is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL and BEAUTIFULLY DESIGNED! I absolutely love it; I love how the white panel is connected to the blue die cut in the front so that the stamping is hidden behind that on the inside. Very, very pretty! TFS!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!