Tuesday 30 August 2016

Thoughtful Branches Blitz 2

Hiya! I'm back again with a few more Thoughtful Branches projects as part of my Thoughtful Branches blitz. See all the projects here.
In between posts I've also gotten an update from SU. Good news - Thoughtful Branches is still in stock - yay! Bad news - It will not be returning in a future catalogue so once existing stock is sold out it's gone for good. I'm so sad about this as it's such a useful set so if  you love it, you MUST get it now. Anyhoo, back to the blitz.

Thoughtful Leaves

Here's a simple but effective card in just 2 colours with 2 stamps. This was one of my faves.


The main leaves are stamped in mint macaron - the raised ones are full strength & the others are stamped off once to give a softer look. I used the same leaf & smoky slate ink to stamp around the edge - alternately in full & half strength. The sentiment is heat embossed in silver.

Thoughtful Tree 1



This card shows how you can make a tree with the trunk and leaf stamps with their coordinating dies. How clever are those SU peeps?

I stamped the leaf onto the white panel, then used the smally dotty stamp to create a tiny blossomy look, then added a cut tree top, which I curved with the rounded end of my multipurpose adhesive lid on my piercing mat. A trio of birdies in rose red adds a pop of colour. The main panel is mounted on pink pirouette then popped up with dimensionals onto a rose red panel & thick white base.

On the inside I stamped some bushes using the blossom/tree stamp & added a few more birdies. Do you love that two birdies are always having a chat :)



Thoughtful Tree 2



This picture just show how shimmery the tree top is. I cut the top in shimmery white (my current obsession) & dropped sweet sugarplum & rich razzleberry ink over it with my aquapainter.
Then I used my patented 'poking technique' normally used on single flower centres to give the piece texture & a soft distressed look.

To 'poke' - place the cut piece on stampin' pierce mat (or a firm foam mouse mat) & use the rounded, non-pointy end of your SU paper piercing tool to poke each flower centre of each flower centre. You can poke from the front or back depending on which way you want the piece to curve. I poked from right side for the inside petals & wrong side around the edge so the edges curved inwards. Make sense? If not, let me know & I'll try to help.

I lightly sponged the base with a sponge brayer, silver embossed the sentiment & added some ribbon. If making this one again, I'd have put the sentiment higher so the ribbon could go right across.
Do you like to figure out what you do & don't like as much when a card is finished. I find this helps me work out other ideas or refine an idea for the next project.

That's it for part 2 of my Thoughtful Branches project blitz. Thanks for visiting.
Check out the supply list below for more info on what I used & to order your supplies.
Next post, I'll share some Christmas ideas with Thoughtful Branches. Bye for now

Inky wishes, D

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). Please check the online store if your preference is different.



Thoughtful Leaves



Thoughtful Tree 1



Thoughtful Tree 2


No comments: