Tuesday 30 August 2016

Thoughtful Branches - class projects & last days


We only have two more days with the gorgeous Thoughtful Branches bundle so it's way overdue for me to share more projects. Today, I'm starting with the cards we made at my Thoughtful Branches classes & will share all the other cards I've made with it later tonight & tomorrow. 
Before we get started, just a quick reminder that Thoughtful Branches is only available until tomorrow - August 31st so don't miss out on this gorgeous set.

Sugarplum hydrangea



I think I've mentioned my very soft spot for hydrangeas so being able to make paper ones all year round just makes me happy. I've placed this one in a jar (Jar of Love bundle) & teamed it with a pretty paper from the Blooms & Bliss dsp pack. y hydrangea is stamped in sugarplum & backed with a rich razzleberry bloom & winked with clear Wink of Stella (as is the jar bow).

Tips & details
- Turn the backing flower upside down so it doesn't line up exactly.
- the jar: stamp the jar 'water' on a piece of white card & the outline on vellum.
- leaves: draw around the negative die cut, cut out & sponge to add dimension.
- sponge the sugarplum base with whisper white ink to lighten & add texture.

More Spring Blossom Trees

These spring blossom cards were inspired by this watercolour wash card one I made earlier this month. I places my trees on a watercoloured shimmery white panel (I love that the shimmer shows through the watercolouring) & teamed them with fun prints from the Affectionately Yours dsp pack. A copper embossed sentiment & copper washi adds a lovely warm sheen to the card & looks great with kraft & crumb cake.

Here's a closer look at each card. This one has watermelon wonder, calypso coral & so saffron blossoms courtesy of the tree builder punch.


If you look closely you'll see that some blossoms have a rhinestone centre & some have a clear glossy centre, made with a drop of glue from the fine-tipped glue pen. You can see the copper sheen nicely in this pic too.


This version has watermelon wonder, flirty flamingo & so saffron blossoms, to suit the dsp.


On the inside, I stamped a tree (Sheltering Tree - which coordinates beautifully) & added a few more blossoms & of course some more washi.


I think all my lovelies enjoyed making these at class. I shared lots more samples using Thoughtful Branches with them too, which I'll share here later tonight & tomorrow so pop back soon.

Thanks for visiting & remember you can click on the supply list below to see & order the items I used.

Inky wishes, Di

To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used, then some alternative separate options at the bottom.. Please check the online store if your preference is different.



Sugarplum Hydrangea



Tool essentials

No comments: