Sunday 16 July 2017

Happy Birthday, Gorgeous - easel too


If today's cards look familiar, it's because I gave my seaside easel card (from the JAI362 colour challenge) a couple of mini makeovers. I love seeing how a simple change can create a different look & hope you do too. First up is this birthday card.


I used dapper denim for the base & happy birthday sentiment, which gives more contrast against the seaside panel and a more masculine look.

The brilliant adirondack chair from the Seasonal Layers die set (cut with regular card & backed with the thick card that backs our paper packs) is popped it up on dimensionals.


I also stamped each of the sections in full strength ink, rather than stamping off, as I did on the original. You can see the difference this makes here when you see both card fronts together.


Easel Card Too

I really liked the boldness of the dapper denim birthday sentiment, so I changed up the original easel card for my Happy Birthday, Gorgeous class. Here's how it looks flat.


and with the easel popped up.


We brayered & stamped this one on shimmery white card & it gave such a lovely look. I also changed the bottom panel to include more sponge brayered peekaboo peach to coordinate with the sand at the bottom of the front. I added a banner (popped up on dimensionals) to make the easel easy to stand up. 


So what do you think about the changes? I hope you've enjoyed seeing these variations & hope they give you some ideas. Thanks for visiting today. I'll be back soon with some other easy ideas to change up a look using Happy Birthday, Gorgeous.

Inky wishes, Di




Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Actual items I used are listed first. Alternative purchase options are listed at the bottom of the supply list.




Big Shot
$159.00

No comments: