Wednesday 16 May 2018

Celebrate 17 birthday shutter card



Last week our darling girl celebrated her 17th birthday, and yes I'm as surprised as you are that she's 17 already. I thought she'd enjoy the surprise in a shutter card, so that's what I made.


The fabulous gem patterned paper in the Naturally Eclectic paper pack was perfect, as it's fun, bold & has some of Cara's fave colours. I brayered pool party ink onto the paper to give an ombre look (a little hard to see in the pic). I also added 2 lines of glitter washi tape down the side of the paper to complement the  silver 17.


The front panel is clean & graphic so it plays nicely with the bold patterned paper, teaming the 17 (retiring Large Numbers dies #sob), new favourite celebrate die (Celebrate You set) with my most used Stitched Shapes circle die.

The celebrate needed to be sturdy as it overlapped the front so I cut & adhered 3 words (2 navy & 1 in thick card from DSP backing sheet). This gives them an extra pop too.


Inside is where the fun really starts, with the shutter-aperture opening to reveal a silver diamond (Eclectic Layers die set).


I've repeated the paper & glitter tape from the front & added a coordinating paper print from the Naturally Eclectic pack. The back of the card includes a panel to write a message & more paper. Can't show you that as darling man had written on the card before I photographed it. :)

The brilliant sentiment is from the coordinating but retiring You're Priceless stamp set.


This makes me smile as 'brilliant' is a fave word & recurring theme from one of my favourite comedies - Cabin Pressure. Check it out if you love British humour or Benedict Cumberbatch).

So that's it from me for today. I hope you've enjoyed seeing my card & that it gives you some ideas to try. If you'd like me to make a tutorial for the shutter card, please leave me some comment love.
All supplies are listed below & available to order.


I have lots more projects to share so pop back again soon. Remember to pin my project for later inspiration.

 Inky wishes & happy stamping
Di

Project Supplies

  To see & order any items used in today's projects, click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. Items I used are listed first. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one.

Notes: - All retiring items available while stocks last only, or until 31 May - All retiring items highlighted in bold on list , including Naturally Eclectic, DSP pack, Latge Numbers dies, You're Priceless stamp set & Myths & Magic washi.
- Oh So Eclectic stamp & die discounted bundle only available until 31 May 2018
- Celebrate You dies not available to order until 1 June 2018.



Big Shot
$159.00

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4000625&categoryid=300500

No comments: