Thursday 21 June 2018

More Delightfully Detailed birthdays



Don't you love when something completely lives up to its name and more? For me, our Delightfully Detailed laser cut paper is totally delightful to use & looks even better! You need to do very little with it to create a fabulous look.

After I made this navy & white card with it, I immediately made three more cards for three equally special lovely ladies. They have received their cards now so I can share them with you.

Celebrating 70
First up is this one for a lovely member of my Stampin' Up! Diamond Stampers team, to celebrate a very special milestone.


 If you're familiar with the Celebrate You & retired Large Number dies I used, you might realise it's much larger than a standard card. I built it around a beautiful white, corner piece of the 12x12 Delightfully Detailed paper sheet, so I can't remember the exact size.

Once I'd worked out the layout & sizing, I used my trusty sponge brayer to create a graduated ombre background layer using blueberry bushel, pacific point and balmy blue inks, leaving some white near the top.

To help the die cut elements pop I backed the foil 70 with 2 extra layers of thick card (dsp backing sheets) & the pacific point Celebrate layer with 4 extra layers.
Tip: I only added 2 layers where the word overlapped the number, so it sat flat.


 Inside I added a little graduated colour at the bottom & adhered another Delightful paper piece & a sentiment from Colorful Seasons stamp set. I love this sentiment for so many cards & it coordinates so well with the celebrate die cut.



60th Birthday Wishes


On a similar theme, this card celebrates another special birthday milestone. This time the fresh graduated background was made with new colour granny apple green and lemon lime twist. Yum!

I used the vanilla side of the paper on this one & added a night of navy border to frame the images. This card is just a little bigger than a regular card too. This pic with the big number shows the level of detail & intricacy of the paper. I've used champagne foil for the number.


The sentiment is my current favourite from the Varied Vases stamp set (& bundle). I've teamed it with the shaped frame from Petals & More die set.

Inside there's another graduated & navy panel. I've also added another scrap of Delightful paper & matching sentiment from Varied Vases.


Lipstick Birthday

Last but certainly not least is a tall card in another gorgeous new in-color - lovely lipstick teamed with flirty flamingo. This one was for another of my gorgeous SU teamies who I know loves a pink card. The brayering & pics may make it seem more red, but it's definitely a deep, bold pink.


Here's a close look at the detail and sentiment. I've used the same Varied Vases birthday sentiment & Petals & More frame die, this time with some glimmer & retired organza ribbon.


Inside, I brayered the bottom of a flirty flamingo panel with more lovely lipstick ink. Using monochromatic colours are a super quick way to add some graduated colour. Another scrap of paper continues the theme. PS. this card fits in a DL sized envelope.


Here's what the complete 12x12 sheet of the Delightfully Detailed paper looks like (click for a bigger view). Simply cut it up where you like, to suit your project, or frame a sheet with your favourite colour behind it for an easy & beautiful decor piece or gift. You get 4 pieces in each pack (together with 4 sheets of other designs - see my supply list below.


Finally, here are all the cards together with the original navy & white card. This gives you a better idea of the scale of each card. The navy one is a standard half A4 base. It was easy to create custom DSP envelopes to match using the Envelope Punch Board - an essential in my stamp room.



Thanks so much for stopping by today. That's another trio of Delightfully Detailed cards to give you more ideas to try. These are easy to make & very supply friendly. Really all you need is the paper, some white card, ink & sponge brayers to start playing.

Enquiring minds want to know too - Which one do you love the most? Are you in love with this paper too? If you are, you can order all the supplies you need below.
Lots more to share so pop back again soon.

Happy stamping & inky wishes,
Di

Project Supplies


To see & order any items used in today's projects, click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. Items I used are listed first. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one.
*Retired accessories used listed at bottom of list

 
Big Shot
$159.00

No comments: