Sunday 22 July 2018

Everyone needs a healing hug



Time get away from anyone else this week? The good news is I'm back today to share a simple and soooo useful get well card I made last month using our new Healing Hugs stamp set.



I've been wanting a new get well stamp set for a while, and Healing Hugs is perfect for this and lots more. This set is from our new Distinktive range of stamps, which are red rubber stamps that give you photorealistic images with one stamp. The actual stamps feel almost smooth so I don't know how this works, but magic it is. :D

I've used the gorgeous bloom in two ways; as a feature with the leaf stamp, and repeat stamped to create a pretty background (like I did on this card too).

Both the bloom & leaf images are only stamped once to create this effect. I inked the flower in calypso coral then gently sponged a touch of poppy parade on the edges, before stamping on white card. The leaf was stamped with granny apple green ink.


Speaking of magic, if you look closely at the images (click to see a bigger view), you'll see another new & absolutely must have item, that makes it so easy to really step up your cards.

Did you see it? I've embossed the background piece with our new Subtle dynamic embossing folder, which adds a lovely linen like texture that to my eye & touch feels just like textured cardstock. It's a little hard to photograph but this may show better.

 

I've been a textured cardstock fan from way back when, but I'm so excited I can now make any piece of card textured! Even better, this means you can get a great stamped image plus texture - something that's not possible on regular textured card. Again, magic I tell you.  You will be seeing LOTS more of this folder.


Inside is super simple - another bloom and sentiment from Healing Hugs. There are lots of other image & sentiment options in the set too. Here's a look at them all.


I'm sure you'll see lots more of Healing Hugs & the Subtle embossing folder. Add them to your essentials wishlist too.

Thanks for visiting today. I hope my get well card has given you some ideas to try yourself. Pin my card for later inspiration and remember you can order any of the supplies you need to make your own by following the links below.

Back soon with some more ideas for you to try.

Happy stamping & inky wishes
Di

Project Supplies



To see & order any items used in today's projects, click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. Items I used are listed first. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one.

Big Shot
$159.00

No comments: