Wednesday 23 April 2008

Chalkboard Flowers


Here's the second card we made on Sunday, again using the well named 'Fabulous Flowers' stamp set. I used the chalkboard technique to create lighter multi-coloured flower images on a dark background, like chalk on a blackboard. It's another really easy & very effective technique. Solid image stamps like these are perfect for the chalkboard technique, as they provide lots of surface to addcolour & depth.
Like yesterdays card, I used Stampin' Pastels to colour the flowers, but this time, I used a whisper white craft ink pad to create an opaque base for the pastels. The colours I used are rose red (card), purely pomegranate (ink) & groovy guava (card & ribbon – another new 'in-colour'). This card looks much better IRL. I'm blaming the gloomy Sydney weather ...certainly couldn't be my photography skills ;-)
Instructions: Repeat stamp large flower from 'Fabulous Flowers' with whisper white ink on rose red card. Dab on pastels (barely banana, pretty in pink & certainly celery) with sponge daubers to colour flowers. Mat onto groovy guava card & attach some groovy guava double stitched ribbon. Attach to rose red (or purely pomegranate) card base.
Tag: Stamp off the stamen image onto a scrap of groovy guava card with purely pomegranate ink & then over-stamp with greeting. I used 'mother' from 'Wonderful Favourites'. Punch out with 1 inch circle punch & mount on punched 1¼ inch rose red & 1 3/8 inch groovy guava circles. Punch a ¼ inch circle & add some knotted groovy guava ribbon. Attach tag to other ribbon piece with glue dots.
Hints:
Stamp & punch the groovy guava tag circles from the centre of the groovy guava mat piece rather than using a scrap, as the holes made won't be seen on the final card.
Also, if you want to personalise your cards to cover just about any family member, check out the 'Wonderful Favourites' stamp set, as it covers more than 20 different relationships.

Contact me if you'd like more information on this card, technique or the sets I used. I'll be back tomorrow with the last card we made. J

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi
You've been Tagged!!
Check my blog for details.

Leah

Anonymous said...

Dianne........i just love your beautiful cards! This one in particular caught my eye......I might have a go with this set and chalkboard technique (one of my favourites). I hope to catch up with you at our Stampin' Up! Regional training day in Sept........I'm certainly adding your blog to my list if favourites! Thankyou for sharing your gorgeous creations with us all!