Friday 2 February 2018

Festive Friday - Hearts Come Home



After another Christmas of last minute creating I've vowed to have all this year's Christmas cards ready to mail by 1 December. A bit more scary now I've put my goal out there.
Even better for you, I've decided to post a Christmas project (or three) on the first Friday of each month to help you get creating earlier too. So welcome to my first Festive Friday share.


I wish I could say that I've made my first batch of cards this month, but I do have some favourites from last Christmas to share with you, featuring the Hearts Come Home stamp set & Hometown Greetings thinlits die set. I was so happy these carried over from the Holiday Catalogue, as I love the intricacy of the die cuts they're so useful for lots of cards & occasions other than Christmas too.

Blue Christmas


This was one of my Christmas class projects & I liked it so much it became one of my personal Christmas cards too. It was surprisingly easy to mass produce too which is always a plus.



My favourite bit is the layered front, which you can see when the card is open.


The three house layers are night of navy (cut from the base), marina mist (same size piece as the front) & soft sky, and I added a stamped, white panel inside. The soft sky was popped up off the front on dimensionals for the class version, but not for my Christmas cards to protect them more in the post.

I silver heat embossed the sentiment from Hearts Come Home on the soft sky piece & added some of my favourite silver washi (now retired). Use some regular silver foil in place of it.


Tips: To strengthen the scene is to adhere a second die cut church (marina mist layer) behind it. You can cut this from the scrap left over from the main cut. If you're popping up the soft sky layer I'd also recommend you cut & adhere another house & tree behind the far right ones.

U-Bridge fold scene

This card was another elegant favourite. I used the same graded colour idea, this time in shades of grey instead of blue.


I based this one on another fab u-bridge card by the fabulous Amanda Bates.


The base card is basic grey with a white & die cut basic grey panel attached to the centre back , and the middle smoky slate layer is held in place with two tabs.  I silver heat embossed the sentiment & added more silver washi. This was really my most used accessory from Christmas.


 Santa & his sleigh got a glittery Wink of Stella finish on top to add a little more sparkle


A simple white panel & sentiment finishes off the back. I love the sentiments from Hearts Come Home. Oh, in case you haven't seen a u fold card before, it's good to know it folds flat to fit into a C6 envelope for posting.

Silver Christmas

My final card for today is a combination of both cards - the design of the first & the colours of the second.

 

I considered this one for my own cards, but in the end I couldn't resist using the blues.
Which one would you have chosen?

Well that's it for my first Festive Friday. Thanks for visiting today & I hope you enjoyed seeing the cards. Do pin them for Christmas inspiration if you did.

Hearts Come Home & Hometown Greetings are available until 31 May, but I'd recommend you order them by 31 March during Sale-a-bration, you'll get to choose a FREE Sale-a-bration stamp set or other goodie too when you get them both. Follow the links below to see & order your sets.

Inky wishes, Di

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4000625&categoryid=300010


Project Supplies


To see & order any items used in today's projects, click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs as your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.

Retired supplies - Year of Cheer washi tape - substitute with a strip of silver foil (listed below).

Versamark Pad
$15.00
Heat Tool
$50.00
Big Shot
$159.00




7 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh wow I so love in the grey! Thank you for taking my creation... and making something that I love ...and for the credit too..I so love our creative circle Di ... happy days...l

Unknown said...

I think l love the greys too! Wonderful cards! Youve inspired me to try something similar in this mode!

Jacq said...

Fabulous cards, my fave colours are blue and grey so I love them both. And so much so, I Pinterested them!

terry said...

i love both so i made one of each ...thanks for the idea !!!!

Corinne said...

Lovely card - it solves quite a few dilemmas on how to incorporate all of the buildings without making the card a tri-fold or something. I struggled with this die and stamp set last Christmas and eventually gave up because I couldn't find a way I liked to give it justice.

Selina B said...

I just love these cards. Thank you

Selina B said...

I just love these cards. Thank you