Tuesday 19 May 2015

More curvy keepsake boxes - birdie buddies

If you enjoyed seeing Blossom the Lion yesterday, then I think you'll enjoy these birdie boxes made with the fabulous curvy keepsake die. I made these back in October/November too but hopefully you'll forgive the delay since I've shared my punch cheat sheets for them so you can easily make your own little guys.

One sweet birdie
I'd seen this this cute owl box by Sarah in my Pinterest travels & loved the look of the wings. I wasn't really sure how she'd made them so I had a play & adapted the scallop circle punch to fit the curved side of the box. You can see all the pieces I used in this cheat sheet pic:
You might notice that it shows to add some birdie feet. Sadly, the modern label punch used is retiring (& I believe is now sold out) but she still looks cute without them. You could also use the blossom punch as an alternative (see penguin below). Here's a final joined pic so you can pin or save the 2 pics together to use later.

A Christmas Penguin
There were LOTS of penguin boxes around last Christmas. Mine is mainly adapted from one in this vid by Amanda Fowler with little twists by me. Here's my punch cheat sheet.
I used a bone folder to curve the punched ovals for his wings. I've given 2 options for the feet - using the blossom punch & modern label punch - both of which are retiring (I know!).
One other note - the Santa hat is attached to the box base using a punched word window, folded in half into an L shape. I attached one half to the back of the hat & the other to the base.
Here's the combined cheat sheet for him.
Thanks for visiting today. I have lots more curvy keepsake boxes to share so please pop back again soon.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used. Please check the online store if your preference is different.


6 comments:

Rene from OZ x said...

Many thanks.
Rene from OZ xo

Kim said...

super cute ideas. thanks for sharing. this will be on my daily inspiration blog post.

AndreaA said...

I love the penguin!!

Stampin' Sacha said...

This is so cute!

AngB said...

I love this!! Can you tell me the dimensions for the santa hat? Thanks!

Unknown said...

would love to make these this weekend, dimensions for the santa hat? think that is the only thing I am not seeing; I am still such a beginner with this craft!!