Monday 11 May 2015

Indescribable Gift - sadly going soon

As promised, I have some new projects to share with you today. First up is the second project from my March colouring class (see the first one here) using the gorgeous blossom image from Indescribable Gift stamp set. I'm very sad to say this set is not carrying over into our new annual catalogue so will only be available to buy until June 2nd. Don't miss this beauty!
About the card - the blossom is heat embossed in white on vellum, then coloured on the back of the image using markers(strawberry slush & wild wasabi). A super easy technique but a real wow on a card. I've seen this technique called stained glass. The coloured vellum is mounted on a piece of pink pirouette & pistachio pudding card, then I added a raised strawberry slush piece on the front. A simple sentiment from Crazy About You (again) finished it off nicely.

Here's another version using crisp cantaloupe card.
For this one, I stamped the back of the crisp cantaloupe mount with the blossom & used calypso coral, crisp cantaloupe, old olive & soft suede markers to colour the image.
One more...
I kept it very simple for this one. I attached the vellum panel at the top of a naturals white base, then added a sentiment from Sheltering Tree.

That's it for me for now. Let me know if you've any questions about the cards or technique used. Check out the supply list below for more details & to order supplies to make your own versions. Remember that Indescribable Gift is only available for a few more weeks.

Inky wishes, Di

Product List

1 comment:

Sunny Strawbaler said...

Absolutely beautiful cards Di. I especially love the last one. Sherylee.