Friday 15 May 2015

JAI 262 - You've got this birthday - a sneak peek

Friday means new challenge time at Just Add Ink & this week is a colour challenge using these colours & I'm a bit excited too that this combination was suggested by me.
If you're a regular visitor you may notice these are some of my fave go-to colours. This added a little pressure to do justice with them (weird, I know since I use them all them time) so I hope you like my project.
The big, beautiful flower & textured background is courtesy of a new stamp set called 'You've Got This' which will be available for customers to order from June 2nd, when our new 2015-16 annual catalogue is live (yayyyyyy!). As a demonstrator I got to order it a month early :-) #SUdemoperks

What did I do?
I heat embossed the flower in white on watercolour paper, then coloured it with aquapainters & regular ink pads - can you believe I coloured it with just 4 ink pads - in the challenge colours. The background it just stamped roughly with the cool background stamp - stamped off first onto scrap. A really easy way to add some texture.
Speaking of texture, the chevron panel is 2 rows of chevron ribbon with another calypso ribbon over the top. I wish you could touch the card as the ribbon adds such a soft & silky feel. Sadly, this ribbon is retiring so stock up on your fave colours now.
I can't go on without saying (what you may be thinking too). I can't stop using the Crazy About You die & stamp bundle for sentiments. It just works so well for just about every occasions so has become my go-to set. Thankfully it's carrying over into the new annual catalogue too (phew!).
I think that covers all I needed to share except to mention that the card front is about 14cm square (about  5-3/8in). Leave me a comment if you'd like to know anything else.

Remember to check out our our Design Team's projects to see how they've used the challenge colours & play along with us by making & linking your own project. Pin & comment away if you liked my project too as I love hearing what you think. Until next time.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used. Please check the online store if your preference is different.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card is beautiful. Well done. :)

Teneale Williams said...

Just so very pretty Di.

KimB said...

Di the colouring is beautifully elegant and vibrant too! The big happy is a perfect counter balance to the big bloom too. xxx

Shona Chambers said...

Well done with this colour combo, you picked such a pretty bunch of colours for everyone to play with. Your card is stunning and I'm so in love with the embossed flower, its amazing!!

Patrice said...

Your card is beautiful, Di. Love the way you've used these colours together. The double layers of ribbon look lovely and your colouring of the blooms is perfect. x

Christine Blain said...

LOVE the watercoloured flower that takes centre stage on your gorgeous card, Di. I am also very taken with the die-cut sentiment; it, and your use of colour, is just perfect.

Narelle Farrugia said...

I am in love with this card Di - your flower is absolutely stunning! I love your attention to detail with the background coloured too!

Rochelle Blok said...

Just beautiful Di! The flower is just amazing and coloured so beautifully! I might just have to get this set now!