Well here I am with the second card from my Christmas stamp-a-stack.
I was really happy with final design, so I also decided to us it as my swap card for the Stampin' Up!® Regional Demonstrator training day, which was earlier this month. This was a fantastic day, full of fabulous ideas & great company... & yet another great perk of being a Demonstrator, but I digress...
The trick to this card (if, like me, you lean towards the obsessive compulsive), is the placement of the baubles & strings. After my first class, (sorry girls!), I had a brainwave & made up a template with a tiny punched hole where each string & bauble meets, so I could mark each spot. This worked a treat & meant they came together really quickly & I didn't have to use my trusty stamp-a-ma-jig.
Don't have 'In the Spotlight'?
In the Spotlight is a really flexible set, so the best way to get it is to host your own workshop. Contact me for more information. If this isn't possible at the moment, here's some other ideas to make this card using other sets or methods.
Don't have a line stamp? - Use a stampin' write marker. You could also use the string from 'Hung Up on the Holidays'.
Here's the same card using 2 different stamp sets. I used 'Snow Flurries' for the baubles (a total bargain at $20.95 plus s&h) & 'Season of Joy' for the large snowflake. The 'merry Christmas' greeting from 'Season of Joy' looks great too. 'Little Pieces' would also work well for making baubles.So that's the first of many more Christmas projects to come in coming months. If you have any questions, just contact me.
Hope you have a very happy Sunday! I'm off to see Cirque du Soleil's Dralion for my birthday, so I'm pretty excited. See you soon with more projects.
Make it yourself
- On whisper white card (6.5cm x 13cm), stamp strings with dotted line stamp from 'In the Spotlight'.
- Stamp alternate baubles using the rock & roll technique with ballet blue & brilliant blue ink. Stamp remaining baubles in brilliant blue ink. Attach bauble strip to ballet blue base.
- Stamp greeting (from 'Occasional Greetings') in brilliant blue ink on whisper white strip (2.2cm x 14.8cm). Mat on brilliant blue strip (3.2 cm x 14.8cm). Attach to base as shown.
- Stamp large star/snowflake in brilliant blue on whisper white. Punch out with 1 ¼ inch circle punch & mat with dimensionals onto a 1 3/8 inch punched circle. Attach to base.
- Rub all over card with Embossing buddy® to de-static before glittering. Use 2 way glue pen to draw lines for glitter. (I outlined each bauble & drew a star & followed the shape of the large star). Add dazzling diamonds glitter.
Stamps: In the Spotlight (hostess level 2), Occasional Greetings
Card: Ballet blue, brilliant blue, whisper white
Ink: Ballet blue, brilliant blue
Accessories: Dazzling diamonds glitter, 2 way pen
Tools: Circle punches (1 3/8 in, 1 ¼ inch), embossing buddy®