Thursday 2 April 2009

Sweetest Challenge 11 - mostly new

This is an unexpected & probably late post for Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 11, but I'm so excited I actually finished it, I have to post it. I love doing sketch & colour challenges, but haven't had time to do any in ages. This week, the lovely Kellie said she thought I'd love the sketch & that I should have a go! She was right - no surprise there! I may have taken a few too many liberties with it, but hopefully, it's OK. Here's the sketch:& here's my card (sorry about the pic. Late night & my camera don't play well):
I'm running a mothers day class this weekend, so my mind was on pretty things for mums when I was thinking about colours. I've used 2 brand new in-colours (to Aus anyway) - Baja Breeze & Pink Pirouette, together with regal rose & white. The pink panel is rolled with the 'Scribble' wheel. The large silver brad is from the new flower designer brad pack & the clear rhinestones are from the Pretties Kit, but you can now order these in packs on their own (yyyyaaaaayyyy!). The flower stamp is of course from Pick a Petal & the greeting is from Always (which I'm overjoyed to say made the new catalogue).


Anyway, it's really late here, so I'd better be off to bed. Thanks for visiting & hope you have a happy Friday.

Warm & inky wishes
Di


Supplies:
All Supplies from Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Pick a Petal, Always, Scribble jumbo wheel
Card: baja breeze, pink pirouette, whisper white
Ink: baja breeze, pink pirouette, regal rose
Accessories, regal rose grosgrain ribbon, flower designer brad, clear rhinestone brads
Tools: scallop edge punch, piercing mat pack (to line up brads), corner rounder punch

5 comments:

Trisha said...

BEAUTIFUL....just BEAUTIFUL Di...thanks for making such pretty cards that are easy to case! Trisha

Karen Giron said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the pick a petal set - you've used it perfectly here. Nicely done.

Kellie Jupe said...

Nice work Di. The colours look great and I love the large brad in the centre of the flower. Are you loving the in-colours or what?!

Chrissie said...

An absolutely fabulous job Di. I the colours and the layout!

SharonD said...

This is gorgeous Di! Love those colours.

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog too.