Sunday 18 October 2009

Tea Party Tri-Shutter

Well, it's been a looong time between posts but I'm trying to get back into the swing now. I've lots to show you if I can just get some posts written, so with no further waffle...
Here's a tri-shutter card I made way back at the start of August for an Aunties 80th birthday (see how behind I am?). I used a whole A4 sheet for this one, so it's 21cm tall & fitted into a DL sized envelope.
The base is barely banana & is decorated with Tea Party DSP. The flower images from 'Sweet Stems' are stamped in basic grey & coloured with markers. The greeting is from 'Great Friend'. It's hard to see, but I added some Crystal Effects® to the flower centres. You can maybe see a bit better in this pic. Here are some final pics of the card closed...& flattened out so you can see the panels better.
We made a smaller tri-shutter card at my fancy folds class this month, which I'll show you another time. You can also find a tutorial to make your own tri-shutter card here on Splitcoast.
I'm trying to schedule some posts for each day, so hopefully I'll be back with more then. Inky wishes
Di

Supplies
Stamps: Sweet Stems, Great Friend
Card/Paper: barely banana, certainly celery, pretty in pink, whisper white
Ink: basic grey ink pad, certainly celery, pretty in pink, barely banana, always amethyst Stampin' Write® markers
Accessories: 5/8 inch certainly celery grosgrain, pretty in pink taffeta ribbon, Crystal Effects®

1 comment:

Karen said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Di! So lovely to see you back blogging......I miss seeing your stuff!

Luv Karen
x