Sunday 18 July 2010

Embossed eggplant roses for JAI-26

Hi there! Just popping in quickly with an unexpected post to show my entry for the Just Add Embossing challenge this week at the fab Just Add Ink. Every week, I think "must try that challenge" but seem to never get there. This week though, I was so excited to see that I had flukily (is that a word?) just made a card that fitted the challenge, so, I just HAD to post it... & here it is!
It came about when my friend & SU team member Leesa came over last week for a play with my Big Shot. While here, she said she'd never tried heat embossing, so never one to miss an opportunity for more play, I showed her some embossing techniques & put this card together.

It may be hard to see, but the main flower is clear embossed onto whisper white card & (very roughly) colour-washed with my aquapainter & ink from razzleberry & eggplant ink pads. The embossed outline resists the ink, leaving the lovely white outlines. The roses on the eggplant base are also clear embossed. I love the really fine lines from the 'Fifth Avenue Floral' set. I must admit I don't emboss very often, but when I do, I think wowwwww, when the seemingly magic powder goes shiny & wonder why I don't do it more. You might be able to see the embossing better here:
To finish the card, I added a greeting, pale plum scallop edge, razzleberry ribbon & for an extra special touch, some pretty half pearls from the Pretties kit. Anyway, no more time to waffle, so I'll just say thanks heaps for visiting.

Inky wishes, Di

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Fifth Ave Floral, Birthday Cheer & Wishes
Card: elegant eggplant, pale plum, whisper white
Ink: elegant eggplant & rich razzleberry ink pads, versamark
Accessories: clear embossing powder, rich razzleberry polka dot ribbon (plain side up), half pearls
Tools: heat tool, embossing buddy, scallop edge punch, corner rounder punch

12 comments:

Danielle Daws said...

This is just beautiful! I love the paler colours and how they POP out from the darker base. Gorgeous!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Oh! Wow! This is just gorgeous.

Jean McKenzie said...

Di, your card is beautiful!! I love the colours and the lovely embossed background! You did a great job of colouring the rose!

Karen said...

Mornin' Di!

I really love the simple elegance of your card and you have done a ripper of a job colouring that rose!!! I LOVE that stamp set but can't colour that rose nicely at all, so I'm green with envy at anyone who can! lol

Luv Karen
x

KimB said...

Hi Di,

fab use of elegant eggplant I always find it so daunting! But the rose looks gorgeous popped up above that embossed background!

Kim

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful, Di - dramatic, and soft, at the same time!

Jo said...

Di, this is simply gorgeous. Love everything about it, especially the rose - the colour is beautiful!

Liam said...

Just absolutely stunning. When I seen this card it inspired me to make a certain card. I seen it and thought I have an idea.... Lovely work. Just gorgeous.

Liam

Tania Gould said...

So funny to see this because I have had an Elegant Eggplant card on my desk with clear embossed Fifth Avenue all over it, ready for the next step but never known what to do! Now I do!!! This card is beautiful!

The Purple Butterfly said...

Your card is just beautiful, I love the water colouring xo

AJ said...

Stunning all over! Great take on the embossing challenge, thanks for coming to play at Just Add Ink! xx

bed frames said...

It is simple but still it looks so gorgeous. I love the paper that you use. It is so class. With that kind of layout it makes the card elegant.