Sunday 4 July 2010

Stamp & create... my way

At the beginning of this year, my dear friend Kellie & I were chatting ...as we do ;0).... about what we'd like to do with our classes this year. We agreed we wanted to find more ways to help our customers create at home as well as in classes & one of the ideas we came up with was to develop a resource they could refer to later.

After a lot of thinking about how I'd like mine to work, the result was...Stamp & Create Cards & More. I talked to my class regulars (hi girls! J) about whether this was something they'd find useful – which it was – so I went full steam ahead & this is what I came up with.
I decorated one of our art journals & divided it into 5 different sections to hold the different categories of information sheets I wanted to include. Each interested customer attended a class in April to decorate the journal (which itself included a number of techniques) & get the first set of information sheets.
Since then, all class attendees receive the information sheets & any other relevant info for that class & can request sheets if they can't make a class. We've added lots of sheets so far & will continue to add more over time. Before I go, here's a quick peek inside the book, showing part of a beginner's introduction to cutting card.
Anyway, that's all I have time for now. Thanks so much for visiting & hope you like my idea. Of course, if you'd like more information on anything, just drop me a line.
Inky wishes, Di

Tips: The letters are cut in a single pass through the Big Shot using the cardboard that backs our DSP packs, plus a layer of cardtock &/or DSP. the circle Cards & More logo was printed & is 3 circles sandwiched together to make faux chipboard.

Reminder: If you're part of my SU Diamond Stampers Team, you have access to all SCC&M information sheets on our team forum.

Supplies:
Card: art journal, old olive textured, rose red, kiwi kiss & pretty in pink card, Raspberry Tart DSP,
Accessories: regal rose grosgrain ribbon, flower fusion felt flowers, rhinestone brad
Tools, Big shot alphabet die, SU Top Note die, round tab punch (for dividers), 1 3/4 inch circle punch

3 comments:

Karen said...

Di thats an absolutely FANTASTIC idea of yours! Love how you decorated your the journal!

Karen
x

Karen said...

That was meant to say - love how you decorated your journal! Good lord, can you tell I'm due for a coffee! lol

Karen
x

Anamaria said...

Di what a great idea. I can see the value in doing something like that for myself. Thanks for the inspiration!.

Anamari