Wednesday 20 July 2011

A Cupcake workshop or two

Continuing the cupcake theme, I have some cards to show you from some cupcake themed workshops I ran for some lovely ladies in June (waving at you Alison & Corinne). Most guests were completely new stampers with kids, so I wanted the cards to be quick, easy & fun. This was the make & take everyone made:
Both colour combinations are from the Brights collection - melon mambo, rich razzleberry & regal rose for the girl version, pacific point, tempting turquoise & pumpkin pie for the boys, with some Brights Patterns DSP. To add a bit of interest & help take the detail to the inside, I trimmed a little off the right edge & punched with either the scallop edge or pinking hearts edge punches. On the inside, I added another cupcake - because clearly one is not enough! Here's the inside of the girly version:
I made a gift box for each hostess with more cards inside to show some more cupcake ideas in a range of colours, Here's one of the sets. The box can be used on a desk once the cards are used. 
...and here are some of the other cards inside - these mainly use colours again from the brights collection again:
For this one, I put the cupcake on a plate made with 2 oval punches.
This one has a more neutral colour palette...& much better colour IRL - late night photo!
Another pink version - love that colour combination.
For this one, I placed the cupcake on a 1 3/4 inch circle & a 2 3/8 inch scallop circle (punched twice to form the spiky edge). Then I added a couple of brads instead of punching the edge & a flag end.
I hope these give you some more ideas for using Create a Cupcake or colour combinations to try....or something. Just drop me a line if you have need any more info. I still have my workshop demo project to show you, but I'll have to do that next time. Until then, bye for now.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
Make & Take - Both
Stamps: Create & Cupcake,
Tools: Build a Cupcake & word window punch
Make & Take - Pink
Card/Paper: Pink version - melon mambo, regal rose, pretty in pink, whisper white card, Brights Patterns DSP - rich razzleberry, regal rose.
Ink: rich razzleberry, regal rose, chocolate chip
Accessories: basic rhinestones
Tools: scallop edge punch
Make & Take - Blue
Stamps: Party This Way
Card/Paper: Blue version - pacific point, tempting turquoise, pumpkin pie
Ink: pacific point, choctempting turquoise, chocolate chip
Tools: pinking hearts punch
Hostess Box
Card/Paper: Ricj razzleberry, melon mambo, whisper white card, Brights Patterns DSP - rich razzleberry
Tools: Big Shot, Timeless Type Alphabet, XL scallop edge punch, paper piercing tool

4 comments:

Christine Blain said...

These are gorgeous, Di! I especially love the colours you've used in the Make & Takes. The hostess gifts are lovely; bet they loved them :)

Andrea said...

Such a clever combination of cupcake cards. C, c, c, c! Ha ha!!!
Honestly, they are so pretty & perfect for workshops.

Emma said...

Hi Di, love these cards! I think I might have to buy the cupcake punch after all!!! Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

What fabulous cards, Di - these are gorgeous! I love how you've changed the colours around for boys and girls, too.