Thursday 20 December 2012

Ornament Keepsakes Christmas SAS

So many Christmas projects to share, so little time. Today I'm sharing cards from my Ornament Keepsakes Christmas stamp-a-stack (SAS) on 13 October. The Ornament Keepsakes set & matching dies were my absolute MUST from the Holiday Catalogue.
First up, a clean & simple favourite in midnight muse, baja breeze & white; love this colour combination. I showed my  ladies 3 versions of this card - super simple to stepped up. This class card was version 2 - quick & easy, with some extra popped & pearly details.
Version 1  was super quick - only 2 layers - the base & stamped piece - no popped images.
For version 3, I popped all the ornaments, added more pearly bling & a pierced sentiment panel. I had also thought of embossing the background, but decided to leave it clean.
 Apologies for the colour - I've photographed these cards 4 times now & just can't get them looking as crisp & bright as in irl.

Ornament Keepsakes Gatefold

Regular visitors know I love using different folds, however, I normally stick to regular folds for my SAS cards, since they're all about simple & quick. This changed when I got my Simply Scored & metric plate & discovered how super quick & easy they are to make. We made 2 each of these cards....as I couldn't decide which colours I liked best....oh & the green class version included more beautiful olive Candlelight Specialty DSP, but I only had a pic with my sample card. I've included some gatefold instructions below too.
Bauble Tip - Are you wondering how I made the tiny baubles? I punched out part of a bauble image using the circle from the itty bitty punch pack. You can get all sorts of cool patterns depending on where you punch.

2 gate-fold cards - using Simply Scored & metric plate.
1 Place A4 sheet lengthways (portrait) down sheet
2. Score on 5.25cm line, down full length of card.
3. Turn card 180 degrees & score again at 5.25cm
     You will then have 2 score lines 5.25cm in from each side.
4. Using paper trimmer, cut A4 sheet in half (14.8cm),as when making 2 regular cards.
5. Fold in each side panel towards the centre front & flatten score lines for a perfect gatefold base.

Well I need to keep moving, so I'll say bye for now. I'll be back with more Christmas goodies soon.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
Blue Baubles
Stamps: Ornament Keepsakes, Greetings of the Season (Holiday Catalogue)
Card/Paper: midnight muse, baja breeze, whisper white card
Ink: midnight muse & baja breeze ink pad, baja breeze marker
Accessories: basic pearls
Tools: Big Shot, Holiday Ornaments Framelits dies, 3/4 inch circle punch 

Gatefold baubles 
Stamps: Ornament Keepsakes, More Merry Messages
Card/Paper: old olive, real red, very vanilla card, Candlelight Specialty DSP 
Ink: real red, old olive, ink pads & markers
Accessories: basic rhinestones
Tools: Simply Scored & metric plate, Big Shot, Holiday Ornaments Framelits dies, itty bitty punch pack, 1 inch circle punch

No comments: