Friday 7 December 2012

Owl for the boys

I'm back again with the second card from my Father's Day/Masculine card class...
My owlie card was adapted from this cute owlie Christmas card by First Hand Emotion. To create rustic tree background, I roughly inked up the new woodgrain embossing folder (Holiday Catalogue) directly with a soft suede ink pad, before putting the fold through the Big Shot with soft suede card. It really made the ridges stand out. Then, I created a torn frame in the embossed panel for owlie to peek through. The leaves were cut with the 'Little Leaves' sizzlit & I added texture with my stylus & piercing mat.
You can see more detail in this pic....inlcuding the cute googlie eyes (Holiday Catalogue).
Today's Tips
- For a more even look when inking embossing folders, use a brayer to roll the ink.
- Check out this fab torn frame tutorial by Sharnee Torrents if you'd like to learn more about this technique.

I think that's all I wanted to cover, but if you have any q's, just leave me a comment.
Thanks very much for visiting. Hope to see you here again soon.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
Stamps: Best Dad Ever
Card/Paper:  early espresso, more mustard, soft suede, crumb cake, old olive, naturals ivory card, Patterns DSP (Regals)
Ink: early espresso, soft suede ink pads
Accessories: cajun craze brad (Regals), googlie eyes
Tools: Big Shot, Woodgrain embossing folder, Little Leaves sizzlit, owl punch, square punch

1 comment:

Louisa Wilson said...

So cute Di! Loves how it is popping out the hole in the tree :)