Saturday 24 January 2015

Hello Life at Sydney Party Time

Time flies! This time last Saturday I was having a lovely time at the Stampin' Up! Party Time Demonstrator event at Waterview, Bicentennial Park in Sydney with 140 other demonstrators, so today I'm going to reminisce with some ideas from the day.
The event was organised by the super talented Teneale Williams with support from Stampin' Up! Australia & she put together a wonderful day. There was a very inspiring display with projects made by four talented demonstrators Dawn Ferguson, Chloe Evans, Katie Legge & Michele Le Breton.
There were more awesome ideas & samples shared in the presentations throughout the day too. I presented about Project Life, but I'll share more on that & some of my fave display projects next time.

I was also very lucky to be asked by Teneale to make some sample projects using the cool Hello Life Project Kit & coordinating products from our Occasions catalogue.
First up, I made one up, mostly as designed by Stampin' Up!  Miss Cara saw me putting it together & said it looked really cool so I decided to make it to hang in her bedroom.... which Cara was very impressed with indeed. Apparently a good teen gift according to my 13 yr old.
Everything you see plus lots more extras is included in the kit (see it here) & the coordinating Hello Life stamp set. The only other items I used were the whisper white & Memento black ink pads. One thing I must mention is the black chalkboard paper which works brilliantly with the white ink.

My inspiration board
I created an inspiration board for my stamp room with a second kit. I customised it with some of my favourite colours, stepped up some of the elements. I used the black, white & silver elements from the kit & added some pool party, coastal cabana, bermuda bay & calypso coral - simple!
If you'd like to make your own...
- Create board - has window sheet (acetate) piece in front of the paper to serve as a white board for reminders of cards & projects I need to make. I added some DSP backing card to make it thicker.
- Heart colours - Sweetheart & confetti hearts punches used for coloured hearts (they're the same size as heart elements in the kit).
- Stamps - from So You stamp set - perfect words in an all time fave font (Amelie - see my blog header?)
- Happiness quote - is a Project Life card from the Happiness Is collection.
- Enjoy die cut from the mini treat bag collection
- Pegs are from the in-colour collection - even though my colours are diff, they worked well.
- Shaker card 'happy' image coloured with Blendabilities
PS - the silver elements are definitely silver, even though they look gold-ish in the pic.

Fun with extras
I had lots of extra kit pieces to play with so I used them in some other projects like these mini treat bag treats. I forgot to take pics of the insides so I'll add some to the post later.
The coastal cabana bag has a thank you can with gift card inside. The black & white version has a clipboard with some Project Life grid cards ready to write on. I used a little leftover scrap DSP to cover the clip.

Since Valentines day is coming soon, I made some super quick curvy keepsake treat boxes too.
I could have made lots more with the extra bits & probably still will but I ran out of time before the event. That's all I have time for now so I'll say bye & hope to see you again here again soon.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order. 

1 comment:

Smiles, Laurie said...

love these ideas! ...and the letters on the heart banner is a great idea, using that for my Lucky(St Patrick's) banner adaption, thanks!